Rocky River High School is a top rated, public school located in Rocky River, OH. It has 849 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 88% in reading.
Rocky River High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+166 Students
- A-107 Students
- A89 Students
- B87 Students
- A-76 Students
- A+61 Students
- B48 Students
- A41 Students
- A+30 Students
- B+29 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Schools like Rocky River High School
- AAvon Lake High School
- Avon Lake City School District, OH
- 206 reviews
- ABrecksville-Broadview Heights High School
- Brecksville-Broadview Heights City School District, OH
- 307 reviews
- ABay High School
- Bay Village City School District, OH
- 92 reviews
- AWestlake High School
- Westlake City School District, OH
- 178 reviews
Rocky River High School Reviews
The highlights of my time at Rocky River High School are my time in the drama department and the music program. Because of the extraordinary instructors in our music department and phenomenal directors in the music department, I have been given opportunities in and around Cleveland that have no parallel. My biggest struggle throughout high school has been fitting into a social circle, as Rocky River has a lot of cliches and friendships predetermined based on childhood friendships between parents.
Rocky River High School has prepared me for the best future I could create for myself. Everyday, I feel incredibly safe and comfortable within the facility and the teachers that lead their classes. I discovered the best part of my abilities in high school, and realized that I was able to make changes for my academics and still succeed, with the help from my teachers, administrators, and peers. I thank those who helped me along the way for providing the best type of care and education that this beautiful city has to offer. On the other hand, I would like to see more diversity within the school district (which sometimes cannot be controlled based on the demographics of the city) in order to create less of a "bubble" feel.
Rocky River High School gives you the academic skills and social skills needed to succeed in the next years of your life. Because of the teacher's high expectations of their students, these students thrive in the hardest of classes. Students also are taught how to interact properly with different people on a day to day basis, which is an extremely important skill to master at a young age that most schools forget to include. The only downside to the high school is the lack of diversity. This city is known as a bubble as it is mainly wealthy white folk that live in this city. While this is not a major problem in the slightest (it could even be beneficial), it does cause the students to leave the town unexperienced with other cultures besides their own.