Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade A
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Health & Safetygrade A+
- Administrationgrade A
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade A minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A
Rocky River High School is a top rated, public school located in Rocky River, OH. It has 872 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 91% in reading.
Rocky River High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+234 Students
- grade A minus147 Students
- grade A minus128 Students
- grade B minus116 Students
- grade A minus116 Students
- grade A+87 Students
- grade B71 Students
- grade A66 Students
- grade B+43 Students
- grade B43 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade A minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 28 responses
- Football games32%
- School dances18%
- Spring musical14%
- Choir Concerts11%
- Hockey games7%
- Basketball Games4%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$16,154 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 26 responses
Schools like Rocky River High School
- grade AAvon Lake High School
- Avon Lake City School District, OH
- Rating 3.92 out of 5 224 reviews
- grade ABrecksville-Broadview Heights High School
- Brecksville-Broadview Heights City School District, OH
- Rating 3.8 out of 5 333 reviews
- grade A+Bay High School
- Bay Village City School District, OH
- Rating 3.81 out of 5 98 reviews
- grade AWestlake High School
- Westlake City School District, OH
- Rating 3.74 out of 5 191 reviews
Rocky River High School Reviews
Rating 4.12 out of 5 178 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I love RRHS. Overall great school, and you can tell the teachers care about you. I’ve so far only ran into one teacher I haven’t liked, but even then it’s not really an issue. Lots of clubs and activities to get involved in and diversify your resume. Also many facilities, from the library having xbox consoles to the weight room and swimming pool. Great place to ready yourself for college!
I really enjoyed my four years a Rocky River High School. During middle school, I did lots of activities like band, swimming and hockey. There were many high schools that would not let me do all three, but Rocky River High School had excellent programs for all three of these activities. Aside from having fun with activities, the teachers were really engaging and caring. I have learned a lot by being challenged and had fun doing so!
Overall, I think that Rocky River High School is a very good school. It has many classes with great teachers. The thing I like about it is that you get to choose some of the classes you want to take. For example, some people choose to take independent living, while others choose to take yearbook. I also really enjoyed playing sports at Rocky River High School. I had so much fun with my teammates and coaches. One thing I think that needs to be changed is some of the teachers. Most teachers are very good, but others don’t put that much effort into their teaching.