Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Rocky Mount High School is a public school located in Rocky Mount, NC. It has 1,126 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 21% of students are at least proficient in math and 34% in reading.
Rocky Mount High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B235 Students
- A+199 Students
- B186 Students
- B+174 Students
- A+163 Students
- B-158 Students
- B-148 Students
- B124 Students
- B-88 Students
- B+79 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Rocky Mount High School Reviews
For the most part Rocky Mount was fun. From the academics to the sports I had a blast. The teachers care and the coaches are amazing! Especially varsity football head coach Jason Battle. I hope he keeps inspiring the youth and leading them into a good direction. Furthermore, the administration is very good. You can’t tell that they care and are trying to create a better, safer Rocky Mount High School.
In my four years of attending this school I have experienced the good and the bad. The good being the teachers who are attentive and effective as well as passionate, and the building which is very well kept and filled with many accessible facilities. The bad being the non-teacher staff who seem not not be bothered to help their students, the student discipline is lacking, and the overall safety of the school is less than desirable. I can say I got a good education here, but also an annoying time dealing with non-teacher staff who didn't care and students who thought they could get away with anything. If these two issues we're solved, it would be a much better school.
I loved everything about Rocky Mount High School. The teachers and counselors were the most supportive. I have two mental illnesses and they never gave up on me. They saw that I have the potential to be anything I put my mind to! I will never forget what a high school teacher told me, "You have the illnesses but you are NOT the illnesses. You have it but with the right help, it's controllable."