- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
This year, Rocky Hill Country Day School is celebrating 85 years of educating students. From our earliest days to today, Rocky Hill has been rooted in its sense of community and care for the whole child. We have valued an experiential approach to education, knowing that every child learns differently, and to truly know yourself, you must experience an array of opportunities and people both inside and outside the classroom. As a school community, we encourage students to become global citizens and lifelong learners, guiding them as they strive for knowledge and self-awareness. Our school motto “Know Thyself” remains a guiding principle in our approach to fulfilling our mission.
At RHCD, our vision is for students to be doing and becoming, emphasizing process over product. We inspire them to be scientists each day, rather than simply science students. Our interactive, hands on approach enlivens learning and makes it more meaningful.
Rocky Hill Country Day School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B34 Students
- A+25 Students
- A+23 Students
- A+22 Students
- A+17 Students
- B+16 Students
- A-15 Students
- B15 Students
- A-15 Students
- A+14 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Rocky Hill Country Day School Reviews
Walk on the beautiful campus and students will say hi. Be a middle schooler known by name by both first graders and high schoolers. Do it all - all your talents (on the field, stage, govt., the Maker Lab) are needed! The message is abundantly clear that everyone matters and all members of the community are celebrated.
As we head into our fifth week of distance learning, Rocky Hill remains strong. Teachers have emphasized social/emotional learning; remained open to feedback from students and parents; and are communicating frequently and clearly.
I was able to join athletic teams that I never would have been able to join at a different school. I started knowing nothing to eventually becoming team captain and MVP two years in a row. Field hockey became a huge part of my life and I had never even heard of the sport before Rocky Hill - at a different school, I would have needed to have played for years to be considered for the team. Rocky Hill offers opportunities that cannot be matched elsewhere.
I also learned to present and speak professionally at RHCD. I received many compliments in college and beyond on my presentation skills - I owe that to RHCD!
I am now a health professional with a doctorate. Rocky Hill gave me the foundation to pursue my goals and achieve them successfully. Thank you, Rocky Hill!