Rockwood Area Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Rockwood, PA. It has 354 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Rockwood Area Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A27 Students
- C+25 Students
- B-19 Students
- A-18 Students
- B16 Students
- A+14 Students
- B-13 Students
- A+13 Students
- B-10 Students
- C+9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Rockwood Area Junior/Senior High School
- B-Berlin Brothersvalley Senior High School
- Berlin Brothersvalley School District, PA
- 27 reviews
- C-Turkeyfoot Valley Area Junior/Senior High School
- Turkeyfoot Valley Area School District, PA
- 40 reviews
- B-Shanksville-Stonycreek High School
- Shanksville-Stonycreek School District, PA
- 9 reviews
- B-Somerset Area Junior/Senior High School
- Somerset Area School District, PA
- 12 reviews
Rockwood Area Junior/Senior High School Reviews
I loved growing up in Rockwood with such a small, tight-knit community. my school is very small, about 45-50 kids a graduating class. I think i would choose to go to Rockwood over a larger school because here, everyone knows you, everyone knows your name, and when you need help, you won't have a problem finding it! I also feel due to our low number of students, and great location we have the chance for many opportunities and feild trips other schools don't get. honestly their isnt very much I would change about my school. I'm grateful I was able to attend such an amazing school
Honestly, education here is wonderful. However, the teachers are either amazing or horrible. The students are very nice most of the time. There are a lot of opportunities for after high school offered. Most of the teachers truly care about your well being. They have fairly nice facilities.
Love the small class sizes, awesome teachers and community involvement and support. My first inspiration for a college education came from the recognition and awards given by my teacher Mrs. Henry for academic excellence.