Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Rockwall High School is a highly rated, public school located in Rockwall, TX. It has 2,684 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 58% of students are at least proficient in math and 71% in reading.
Rockwall High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+404 Students
- A+395 Students
- A-326 Students
- B+316 Students
- B+250 Students
- A249 Students
- B-200 Students
- A-181 Students
- A+174 Students
- A-170 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.57 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.57 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 190 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.88 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.88 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.88 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.93 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.93 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.93 responses
Schools like Rockwall High School
- ARockwall-Heath High School
- Rockwall Independent School District, TX
- 404 reviews
- ASunnyvale High School
- Sunnyvale Independent School District, TX
- 140 reviews
- AWylie High School
- Wylie Independent School District (Wylie), TX
- 452 reviews
- B+Forney High School
- Forney Independent School District, TX
- 237 reviews
Rockwall High School Reviews
Wasn't the best but wasn't the worst either. Some of the teachers follow the rules and give the students what they deserve, but some of them made it almost too easy to cheat on their tests and quizzes. One word to describe the school is "unfair". As a Latina myself, I felt that the school wasn't as inclusive as they could be with the minorities at this school. Afterall, Rockwall is filled with privileged white people and they didn't use their privilege to help others. Example: The school dress code forbade females to wear crop tops...well...unless you're white and have the ideal perfect body. Overall, not my favorite school, but I did make memories and had a good amount of friends!
Rockwall is a beautiful city and the view from the windows in class can prove that. There is no shortage for teacher assistance and guidance counselor support. There is a multi-level library with brand new apple computers for any student, as well as a computer lab open all day. There are a lot of after school activities and if you can't find one you like they will encourage you to start your own and invite others with the same interests!
My experience attending Rockwall High School would be overall amazing. Most students are really fun to be around, the teachers are nice and understanding about out of school situations, and the rules are unfortunately fair. I’m a part of the track team and used to be part of the football team which is both very competitive! The coaches are both nice but aggressive which is a good thing in my athletic eyes. The only thing I would change is the indoor rules. We have a rule that there needs to be a coach watching present while the indoor is open which is understandable but a lot of students who have off periods should be allowed to go in and be active instead of sitting and waiting for the next class to start. Other than that this school is the best school to attend. The environment is friendly and right by the lake which gives it an amazing view and it’s easily access-able.