Rockwall High School is a highly rated, public school located in Rockwall, TX. It has 2,409 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 78% of students are at least proficient in math and 84% in reading.
Rockwall High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+342 Students
- A+326 Students
- A-282 Students
- B+276 Students
- A214 Students
- B+199 Students
- B168 Students
- A-164 Students
- A+150 Students
- A149 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.52 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.52 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 169 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.83 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.83 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.83 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.88 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.88 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.88 responses
Schools like Rockwall High School
- ARockwall-Heath High School
- Rockwall Independent School District, TX
- 348 reviews
- A+Sunnyvale High School
- Sunnyvale Independent School District, TX
- 120 reviews
- AWylie High School
- Wylie Independent School District (Wylie), TX
- 402 reviews
- B+Forney High School
- Forney Independent School District, TX
- 206 reviews
Rockwall High School Reviews
My experience attending Rockwall High School would be overall amazing. Most students are really fun to be around, the teachers are nice and understanding about out of school situations, and the rules are unfortunately fair. I’m a part of the track team and used to be part of the football team which is both very competitive! The coaches are both nice but aggressive which is a good thing in my athletic eyes. The only thing I would change is the indoor rules. We have a rule that there needs to be a coach watching present while the indoor is open which is understandable but a lot of students who have off periods should be allowed to go in and be active instead of sitting and waiting for the next class to start. Other than that this school is the best school to attend. The environment is friendly and right by the lake which gives it an amazing view and it’s easily access-able.
Rockwall High School is a very good 6A school that competes very well in every sport and club that they have here. The people here are very nice and the community here is great! Rockwall High was built in the middle of town on the biggest hill in the city, which is why it overlooks the lake. Its truly a great school to be apart of.
Rockwall High school is a spectacular school that challenges you academically, and finds a perfect balance between work and play. The classes and faculty make sure that they teach effectively and efficiently. They give you a level of responsibly for your own grades and actions, yet simultaneously make sure no child is left behind. The culture and school spirit that flows through Rockwall can be seen in every student and seen in all fine arts/athletic programs. Rockwall is truly a blessing of a school I'm lucky to take part of and experience.