Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Rockport High School is an above average, public school located in Rockport, MA. It has 280 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 8 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Rockport High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A71 Students
- A+43 Students
- A+33 Students
- C+32 Students
- A-32 Students
- A+26 Students
- B+25 Students
- B24 Students
- B24 Students
- A+22 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 9 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Rockport High School
- A-Ipswich High School
- Ipswich Public Schools, MA
- 54 reviews
- AHamilton-Wenham Regional High School
- Hamilton-Wenham Regional School District, MA
- 148 reviews
- A-Danvers High School
- Danvers Public Schools, MA
- 82 reviews
- BTriton Regional High School
- Triton Public Schools, MA
- 130 reviews
Rockport High School Reviews
Rockport High School is a great, small school, where students are allowed to achieve real, genuine relationships with their peers, as well as with their teachers. The few complaints I have is the lack of diversity, and the problems with drug use. The majority of the people are Caucasian, and the lack of people of color can be disconcerting to people. Kids are constantly using the bathroom to use their JUUls or their dab pens, and its a problem to the point where the administration has taken doors off bathrooms. Otherwise this is a good school.
For a small school, Rockport High has a lot to offer. The teachers are all wonderful and the education you get is very personal. All of the staff really care about giving students the best education and environment possible and listen to the students suggestions and needs.
I've had a really great time at Rockport High School. We just got a new administration and I find that they all seem to care about each student and are an improvement to our previous leadership. We are a trusted group of students who respects this and returns the respect to our teacher and our administration. Teachers for the most part are dedicated to their job and put a lot of effort into their students. Extracurriculars are extensive but not always successful. There seems to be a lack of progression in different clubs and activities but every member seems to enjoy it and are there because they are passionate about it. The music and art programs have both come a long way in the past few years. Both of these have acquired new teachers and have really grown in talent and in popularity. Core classes are focussed on advanced students. It is really easy for a student wanting to take all or mostly AP's to do so and schedules will hardly conflict. Honors courses are also catered to but I have heard of trouble among College Prep and Support classes and scheduling but for the most part everything works out because of our wonderful guidance department. Guidance is with students every step of the way especially when students become upperclassmen and the search for colleges or jobs after school gets on the run. Lunches have improved in the past few years and are more pleasant than they have been. Sports on the other hand are not Rockport's strong suit. All in all Rockport has been a great experience and by the end the grade is like a family due to the close knit community. It's a wonderful school to be apart of!