Rockdale High School is a public school located in Rockdale, TX. It has 453 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Rockdale High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+61 Students
- B+55 Students
- A+49 Students
- C-36 Students
- B36 Students
- C+29 Students
- A-27 Students
- A-23 Students
- A20 Students
- B20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 15 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Rockdale High School
- BCameron Yoe High School
- Cameron Independent School District, TX
- 74 reviews
- BMilano High School
- Milano Independent School District, TX
- 41 reviews
- B+Thrall High School
- Thrall Independent School District, TX
- 35 reviews
- BLexington High School
- Lexington Independent School District, TX
- 27 reviews
Rockdale High School Reviews
It's the typical small town Tx experience that you usually see portrayed in the movies. Everyone knows everyone and everything is about Football. Although there are the usual academic organizations such as NHS and the student council, there's not much more unless you're in the band or you play sports.
My school has prepared me for my future success. I willl always be grateful for all the opportunities my teachers have given me and the way they have guided me all my many endeavors. Rockdale High School/ Rockdale Career Academy have prepared me for a career in Sport Management. I took classes at RCA that will count towards my college career. By taken college courses early, I know what expect when I start In the Fall at Kennesaw University. I will always have a love for my high school and all the life- long friendships that were made over the course of 5 years. If there were anything that I would change, it would be to become more technologically advanced so that each student would be ready for college.
The people at Rockdale High School was great. We had really good, funny, interactive teachers. I liked the events that Rockdale High School had on certain days like pep rallies, red ribbon day etc.