Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyC-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Rockbridge County High School is an above average, public school located in Lexington, VA. It has 997 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 74% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Rockbridge County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+108 Students
- A+93 Students
- A88 Students
- A+54 Students
- B53 Students
- A+53 Students
- B+50 Students
- B+50 Students
- B+48 Students
- C+43 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 28 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Rockbridge County High School Reviews
Rockbridge County High School is a fantastic school for it's location. Being smack dab in the middle of a heavily agricultural area would make it seem like all it would teach is the next generation of farmers how to tend to the lands. But, not only does it allow any and all students to learn excessively about agriculture, it provides a plethora of other choices for students interested in the math/science field. I enjoyed my years at this high school and would happily send my children there!
I really enjoyed my four years at Rockbridge, with that being said, I also have some complaints about the school as well. Although, there were some amazing teachers, there were others that seemed to only care about the (small) paycheck and not influencing and impacting students. The academics weren't all that great unless you took AP or honors courses, no one took it seriously. Although I have some complaints, Rockbridge was my home and I never felt unwelcomed or unsafe there. I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Rockbridge, but as a college student now, I wish that the school was more revolved around academics. First semester was of college was an extremely difficult transition due to the lack of college readiness that the school provided for students. Rockbridge could definitely use some improvements but I believe they are on the right track to becoming a great school.
It is an ok school. There needs to be some updates the the building itself. For instance, the windows are very small and at the top of the wall making it hard to see out. The bathrooms are quite nasty. The food in the cafeteria is unhealthy and small in proportions. As far as the actual education goes we have a pretty well rounded amount of classes to choose from with all skill levels available.