Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Rock Valley Junior/Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Rock Valley, IA. It has 230 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 8 to 1. According to state test scores, 78% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Rock Valley Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+31 Students
- A29 Students
- B+25 Students
- B25 Students
- B21 Students
- B+16 Students
- A15 Students
- A-11 Students
- B+11 Students
- B+10 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 19 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Rock Valley Junior/Senior High School
- BBoyden-Hull High School
- Boyden-Hull Community School District, IA
- 24 reviews
- B-Canton High School
- Canton School District, SD
- 41 reviews
- BWest Lyon High School
- West Lyon Community School District, IA
- 33 reviews
- BGeorge-Little Rock Senior High School
- George-Little Rock Community School District, IA
- 20 reviews
Rock Valley Junior/Senior High School Reviews
My experience was fantastic at Rock Valley community school. I started in TK and worked my way up to senior year! When I entered middle school I thought it was pretty easy. High school came and I think the hardest year was my junior year with a lot of speeches and homework but I got through it. I enjoyed the school in many ways. The teachers would always help you out through every problem you had. Yes there was some rules and I really wished it would be different on the dress code but other than that, I enjoyed every bit of it.
I love several things about my High School. First of all, I love all of the teachers. I haven't met a single one who isn't willing to go out of their way to help you. They all work so hard and take the time to make you the best student you can possibly be. I also love all of the many activities you can be involved in. One thing I would like to see change is for students to be able to have open campus over their lunch hour. It would give students the opportunity to be refreshed before the rest of the day. I also wish students would be able to participate in show choir without actually being in choir class. The reason for this is because some students would love to be involved, but sometimes students don’t have room for the class in their schedules. Besides the point, I have loved my experience at my High School and I hope my own children will attend it someday!
We have a few different extracurricular activities. We have TSA,FCA,FFA, Sports-Football, Basketball, Golf, Wrestling, & Volleyball, Cheerleading, Music- Choir, Jazz Choir, Show Choir, Instrumental Music, Jazz Band, Spanish, Art, Yearbook, Publications, FCS- Foods, Marriage & Family, Child Development, Sewing, Interior Design, Accounting, Construction and Metals, Student Government, Speech, Play, Musical, Technology Class, Teach Team. The list goes on and on. There are so many things to be in. Most kids are in a ton of things and figuring out when to have what is hard to do for the directors of each thing.