Rock Hill Senior High School Reviews

In my perspective, I'm very committed to my school and showing school spirit. I like how our school gets involved with anything and everything they can to make it fun such as spirit week, talent show, pep rally's, etc. Something I would change is maybe keeping things up in the hallways for the students to have positivity every morning like putting quotes in our bathrooms, sticky notes for the students to take off and read, and just anything that would make their day or give them more self-confidence if they need it!
It's not the best school to go to if you are trying to avoid drama and rude teachers. One teacher, I had the past year treated me very differently from everyone else they would also raise their voice at me if everyone was talking they would also single me out. Also, anytime there was drama or anything of the sort the same people would always get called down to the office even if they had nothing to do with it. Lastly, they treat honors students higher than everyone else. If you were ever having a bad day only one teacher would even try to understand and the others would tell you to suck it up and move on.
I loved basically all of the teachers there. They truly do their best to help students as much as they can, as long as you accept the help that they are trying to give. All of the teachers there are also very accepting whenever a student of a different race or sexuality was present(as everyone should be), even though there definitely is a large lack of diversity. Not to mention our sports teams and band are all very good, and makes sure to encourage everyone to participate, even if they start off scared.
Start Your Review of Rock Hill Senior High School
The student atmosphere in RHHS is very positive and open. In the two years that I've attended so far there has been little to no bullying, and every student is included. However, some staff and administrators treat you as a child and not a young adult (from my personal perspective). There are many limitations such as no backpacks in the halls/class, no phones, a strict dress code, ect. There are also positive things such as the Chromebook program, Project Moore, and the arts and music wing are exceptional. The art teacher is especially benefitial as he teaches a very easy methood to learn, he has time to help anyone who needs it, is laid back, and is always open to talk to. There are many teachers like this here who you can talk to about anything and feel comfortable. My main issues with this school are the out dated rules and SOME administrators(not all).
My school is not perhaps the best but we do have amazing facilities and amazing staff that works to keep it clean and presentable. In the years that I have been there, it has only improved.
I went to Rock Hill High School for 2 1/2 of my 4 years of High School. It had a lot of ups and downs, a lot of problems, laughs, tears, and everything in between but I don't regret a moment of it.
There I met some of the most important and kind people of my life. I've met teachers who have inspired me, faculty who have pushed me to be better than what I was, and experiences that I will never forget.
The school has the best teachers teaching the hardest material in the curriculum and they are always willing to help if a student is having problems in a class.
There is not really any differences between how students of different race or background are treated. Everyone is treated fairly the same.
The only reason I would go back is because of the staff. I really didn't care for my classmates because a lot of them were very rude and bullied a lot of people. I guess you could say that it would be our typical public school.
I personally loved most of my teachers when I attended Rock Hill. Most of them were very easy to get along with and cared about mine and other classmates educations, a lot of the teaching styles that I have experienced were effective in learning the material that was needed, communication skills between students and teachers is good as long as the student is willing to communicate back with the teachers, the teachers are very knowledgeable in their fields, overall most of the teachers are good on grading papers as soon as they are given and given them back in one to two days after they have been completed.
On very few occasions our school has been threatened and I have always felt completely safe.
One of my favorite organizations is the show choir because when we are rehearsing for a play or musical we become like a family. It is where I've made a bunch of new friends. We always keep each other on our game and encourage one another.
This school has a lot of good characteristics. I've made so many friends and I'm glad that I switched schools when I was younger. If I hadn't switched schools, I wouldn't have had the chance to get involved with Upward Bound Math-Science and met almost all of my friends!
I especially like their teaching styles. They break things down so they are easier to understand.
The school overall is a safe place.
The Marching band and show choir are amazing they stay after until 5-6 and never disappoint the school and always succeed.
The school clubs always have something going on to try and make school fun.
Start Your Review of Rock Hill Senior High School
Some teachers are amazing and engage well with students and most of the teachers don't really care.
Overall, this school is a pretty great school. When I moved to this school, I felt like I was learning so much more. I am grateful for the experience. I love most of the teachers because they really care about how I am doing in class and out of class. They are very helpful and caring. We have a lot of school spirit and we always give it our all!
The sports are great but we need more!!