Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Rock Hill Senior High School is a public school located in Ironton, OH. It has 356 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Rock Hill Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C47 Students
- B-40 Students
- A-38 Students
- C+38 Students
- A+30 Students
- B-15 Students
- A-13 Students
- B+12 Students
- A-10 Students
- B10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 14 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Rock Hill Senior High School
- BRaceland-Worthington High School
- Raceland-Worthington Independent Schools, KY
- 56 reviews
- B-Symmes Valley High School
- Symmes Valley Local School District, OH
- 24 reviews
- C+South Point High School
- South Point Local School District, OH
- 45 reviews
- B+South Webster Junior/Senior High School
- Bloom-Vernon Local School District, OH
- 58 reviews
Rock Hill Senior High School Reviews
In my perspective, I'm very committed to my school and showing school spirit. I like how our school gets involved with anything and everything they can to make it fun such as spirit week, talent show, pep rally's, etc. Something I would change is maybe keeping things up in the hallways for the students to have positivity every morning like putting quotes in our bathrooms, sticky notes for the students to take off and read, and just anything that would make their day or give them more self-confidence if they need it!
The student atmosphere in RHHS is very positive and open. In the two years that I've attended so far there has been little to no bullying, and every student is included. However, some staff and administrators treat you as a child and not a young adult (from my personal perspective). There are many limitations such as no backpacks in the halls/class, no phones, a strict dress code, ect. There are also positive things such as the Chromebook program, Project Moore, and the arts and music wing are exceptional. The art teacher is especially benefitial as he teaches a very easy methood to learn, he has time to help anyone who needs it, is laid back, and is always open to talk to. There are many teachers like this here who you can talk to about anything and feel comfortable. My main issues with this school are the out dated rules and SOME administrators(not all).
It's not the best school to go to if you are trying to avoid drama and rude teachers. One teacher, I had the past year treated me very differently from everyone else they would also raise their voice at me if everyone was talking they would also single me out. Also, anytime there was drama or anything of the sort the same people would always get called down to the office even if they had nothing to do with it. Lastly, they treat honors students higher than everyone else. If you were ever having a bad day only one teacher would even try to understand and the others would tell you to suck it up and move on.