Rock Hill High School is a public, magnet school located in Rock Hill, SC. It has 2,032 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 61% in reading.
Rock Hill High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A462 Students
- B+365 Students
- A316 Students
- B+274 Students
- C-193 Students
- B152 Students
- B148 Students
- B-113 Students
- A109 Students
- C+106 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.40 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.40 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 82 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.63 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.63 responses
Schools like Rock Hill High School
- BSouth Pointe High School
- Rock Hill Schools, SC
- 265 reviews
- B+Northwestern High School
- Rock Hill Schools, SC
- 404 reviews
- C+Lancaster High School
- Lancaster County School District, SC
- 149 reviews
- C+Renaissance High School at Olympic High School
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools, NC
- 164 reviews
Rock Hill High School Reviews
Overall as an IB/AP Honors students I believe we have phenomenal groups of teachers in each program. The teachers do a tremendous job in helping you through the rigorous demands of juggling multiple classes. On the other hand, the environment during lunch and during transitions of classes is at times unacceptable and uncontrolled. There are situations where there’s multiple fights that even cause lockdowns. Though the environment is at times uncontrolled, I would recommend Rock Hill High for there great faculty and staff!
I feel that Rock Hill High School has successfully prepared me for the years ahead. The counselors and administrators here have set up many events and activities for seniors to receive help with college information such as career days, college application day, college trips, counselor meetings and so much more. Rock Hill High School has allowed me to earn the credits I need and possibly even some credits for college which is the good thing about taking AP, IB, or dual credit courses. I think that there are improvements and some adjustments to be made, but I'm positive they can be fixed and changed to better educate the students here attending Rock Hill High.
I am a junior at Rock Hill High this year. As a freshman, I quickly got the hang of everything. The administrators stress the wearing of our ID's all day but only some students get written up for not wearing theirs. Any individual could easily walk onto campus with a bookbag and blend in instantly, with no ID. I do not care for the amount of physical altercations that take place, nor do I favor the prevalent smell of weed and vape. If you surround yourself with the right people and do not get involved with the wrong crowd, your experience will not be terrible. The teachers are great and don't hesitate to help before or after school.