Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Rock Falls Township High School is a public school located in Rock Falls, IL. It has 653 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Rock Falls Township High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-74 Students
- B-65 Students
- B46 Students
- B32 Students
- A+27 Students
- B+24 Students
- A24 Students
- B+22 Students
- A+22 Students
- B-21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 13 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Rock Falls Township High School
- B-Dixon High School
- Dixon Unified School District No. 170, IL
- 110 reviews
- B+Sterling High School
- Sterling Community Unit School District No. 5, IL
- 144 reviews
- C+Prophetstown High School
- Prophetstown-Lyndon-Tampico Community Unit School District No. 3, IL
- 18 reviews
- B-Milledgeville High School
- Chadwick-Milledgeville Community Unit School District No. 399, IL
- 37 reviews
Rock Falls Township High School Reviews
I am a senior at Rock Falls that is involved in multiple clubs and play volleyball and softball. I am involved in Spanish club, National Honors Society, Girls Group, BLAST, BLIND, Student Council, and Class Officer. Also, I like the different clubs that Rock Falls Township High School has to offer to it's students. The variety of sports offered gives athletes an option to explore other opportunities. Our school offers baseball, softball, volleyball, basketball, track and field, cross country, football, golf, bowling, and swimming. There is an endless amount of activities for students to get involved. I would like to see changes made to some of the athletic facilities, so they can be more up-to-date. Overall, Rock Falls does not need huge changes just a few here and there because Rock Falls is a pretty great place.
I have attended Rock Falls Township High School for four years, and I would not prefer to go anywhere else for my high school. The most distinct piece of the school is the teachers and how much they truly care for the students. From my Spanish teacher making sure everyone was having a good day to my chemistry teacher simply chatting to make the classroom feel more welcoming, every day feels very open and calm. Due to our size, everyone knows everyone. The hallways are filled with laughter every passing period, and the classrooms are full of cooperation and teamwork on every project. Additionally, I am especially proud to see the mix of every grade level in the clubs. Seeing seniors and freshman talk during club meetings always brings me joy. The mix and diversity in clubs is always incredible as everyone seems to feel comfortable with each other. Although my school is not perfect, the culture and the people make every day feel worth it.
I am a graduate from Rock Falls Highschool and attending college at Western Illinois University as a Freshman When I attended Rock Falls Highschool there were some things I liked about the school such as some of the teachers especially the Psychology teacher there were things I disliked as well I believed the assistant principle Dunphy was rude and always picked favorites If you were not on Dunphy's good side you would find yourself in many detentions, in schools, dress codes, and much more it was as if she tried to find you Another thing Rock Falls High School should work on is investing their money better In 2019-2020 Rock Falls did not have enough money for a volleyball team so the Rock Falls girls were forced to play volleyball for our surrounding town's team in Sterling I understand football is a major high school and college sport but Rock Falls should look at our previous scoreboards and either put less money into the sport or put the majority of their money into a coach