Rock Creek Junior/Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in St George, KS. It has 425 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 41% of students are at least proficient in math and 40% in reading.
Rock Creek Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A68 Students
- B26 Students
- A19 Students
- B16 Students
- B+15 Students
- B-15 Students
- C+12 Students
- B-7 Students
- B6 Students
- A6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Rock Creek Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Rock Creek is a great school with wonderful educators and a great community! The academics and extracurriculars are unmatched, especially when you take a look at the debate/forensics program and the music program. The faculty and staff are friendly and approachable and the students are generally welcoming and kind. The only downside to this school is the location, it really is in the middle of nowhere. The academics and community far outweigh this downside!
I like that it is a small high school with a helpful surrounding community. With the school building being located in the middle of a field, not a lot of out-of-school opportunities come our way except athletic related opportunities. I would like to see the selection of electives and college courses change and improve at Rock Creek Jr./Sr. High School.
Rock Creek is a good school, but there are some problems. Teachers seem to favor some students to others. The school seems to only care about graduation rates and test scores rather than actually helping any of it's students. That being said most of the staff and students are amazing, and the small size really makes everyone feel like they're a part of a family.