Rochester Community High School is a public school located in Rochester, IN. It has 524 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Rochester Community High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+61 Students
- A60 Students
- B+57 Students
- B-31 Students
- B-29 Students
- A-27 Students
- B26 Students
- B23 Students
- B23 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 17 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Rochester Community High School
- C+Culver Community Middle/High School
- Culver Community Schools Corporation, IN
- 28 reviews
- BArgos Community Junior/Senior High School
- Argos Community Schools, IN
- 51 reviews
- B-North Miami Middle/High School
- North Miami Community Schools, IN
- 32 reviews
- CCaston Junior/Senior High School
- Caston School Corporation, IN
- 45 reviews
Rochester Community High School Reviews
Overall, as a bi white woman, my experience at Rochester Community High Schools was good. While the teachers and academic courses available were all fantastic, I was unfortunately surrounded by bullying and administrative failure to do anything about it. However, I still enjoyed my time there and credit them for my preparedness to pursue my college education.
I loved everything about RHS! The teachers and staff were always so helpful and took time out of their day to understand our personal needs. The academics and diversity of the school was perfect. I learned a lot about the medical field before entering college because of the medical classes that were offered in school. I made memories that will last me a lifetime because of high school sports and different outings that we had together. Overall, the atmosphere of the school was incredible. I would go back to high school if I could.
I was in the Rochester district for just about 4 years, with one semester at RHS. Sadly, I was forced to move due to familial issues. However, the one semester I had at RHS was genuinely amazing. I'm still a freshman, but my freshman experience at Rochester was spectacular. Every teacher really cares about the students. I was allowed to take the courses I wanted to succeed in. The coursework isn't too easy or hard- I find it was a nice medium. The facilities at Rochester are nice- not insanely nice but nice enough. The teachers at Rochester are amazing. They are hands on and interactive with students. You can tell they really care. Student life at Rochester was great- kids are nice and generally not troublesome and it's easy to make friends. Compared to my current experience at a city school, Rochester seems like Heaven. While RHS doesn't seem especially spectacular on paper, I cannot state enough how much this place meant to me.