Robert E. Fitch High School is an above average, public school located in Groton, CT. It has 1,053 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 39% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Robert E. Fitch High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A192 Students
- B-77 Students
- B60 Students
- C60 Students
- B60 Students
- B-54 Students
- A+46 Students
- B-46 Students
- B-41 Students
- B-38 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 42 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.29 responses
Schools like Robert E. Fitch High School
- B+Montville High School
- Montville School District, CT
- 131 reviews
- B+Norwich Free Academy
- Private School
- Norwich, CT
- 563 reviews
- A-Waterford High School
- Waterford School District, CT
- 139 reviews
- BWesterly High School
- Westerly Public Schools, RI
- 144 reviews
Robert E. Fitch High School Reviews
2018 Alum here; enjoyed my time at Fitch for the most part. School is diverse I guess? In the high leveled AP classes however they were almost entirely white. Robotics and marching band were incredibly advanced and praised with multiple championships each. Joined the drama club and left almost immediately after due to horrible management and just a deplorable director. Had some horrible experiences in my senior year in the music department but that was apparently cleared up after I left. Food was okay. guidance department is an absolute joke. I requested a transcript to be sent to a scholarship two weeks in advance, dropped off all the necessary paperwork filled out, and they didn’t send it in time for the deadline. Had absolutely amazing science teachers and English teacher who all loved their subject and were very passionate, if not superb people. Made lots of friends throughout the years. Grew a lot as a person and a student.
The IB program at Fitch is amazing! All the teachers are wonderful and willing to work with you. I transferred into the school, and the process was practically seamless! Plus, there's so many great clubs to choose from. The only problem would be their allergy options, but that's a problem that basically every school has. Overall, Fitch is a great school.
Robert. E .Fitch is an excellent high school that has many resources and opportunities students can take advantage of. It is a very safe environment, with many friendly faces. The AP program is excellent, with teachers who know what they are talking about. But, teacher's interest and involvement in their student's lives is very limited. While the teachers know what they are teaching, there is often a large barrier between student and teacher which often creates a lack of understanding between the two parties. Diversity in the school is also somewhat average. But overall, from a parent's point of view, you really cannot get a school better than this.