Riverview High School is an above average, public school located in Oakmont, PA. It has 450 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
Riverview High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A66 Students
- A-36 Students
- A+32 Students
- B27 Students
- B-26 Students
- B-20 Students
- B-19 Students
- A-19 Students
- A+17 Students
- B17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like Riverview High School
- A-Avonworth High School
- Avonworth School District, PA
- 73 reviews
- B-Brentwood Senior High School
- Brentwood Borough School District, PA
- 86 reviews
- B-Kiski Area High School
- Kiski Area School District, PA
- 180 reviews
- BChartiers Valley High School
- Chartiers Valley School District, PA
- 217 reviews
Riverview High School Reviews
My experience at Riverview was fantastic. It is a very small school so the teachers know you very well as well as knowing all the students. Also with having a small school, one on one student and teacher time makes classes easier to comprehend.
I liked that everyone knew everyone and it was a very welcoming place when transitioning from elementary to high school. We have a plethora of clubs and activities which allows everyone to be involved and have something for them and our music program is amazing and has countless opportunities.
One thing that was nice about attending Riverview was the small class sizes and the attention that you could get from the faculty. However, the small size of the district leads to extreme cliques that form and gossip that is often created in the halls. I know many other districts in the area called us "Rumorview". There can be blatant favoritism from some of the faculty and adult employees of the high school, especially involving extra curriculars (band, the musical, etc). I know many people who loved their time at this school, but just as many people who hated it. They keep trying out new academic programs that end up not helping the students and make things more difficult. There are a few gems of teachers in the school that genuinely care about students and try so so so hard for everyone to succeed, but as a whole it felt like a nice facade was put on over a crumbling district.