Riverside Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Painesville, OH. It has 1,805 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 61% of students are at least proficient in math and 66% in reading.
Riverside Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B166 Students
- A+165 Students
- B157 Students
- A-155 Students
- B-112 Students
- A109 Students
- B-107 Students
- B105 Students
- A-99 Students
- A+78 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 61 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.34 responses
Schools like Riverside Junior/Senior High School
- C+Madison High School
- Madison Local School District (Madison), OH
- 110 reviews
- B-Berkshire High School
- Berkshire Local School District, OH
- 73 reviews
- B-Wickliffe High School
- Wickliffe City School District, OH
- 81 reviews
- B-Geneva High School
- Geneva Area City School District, OH
- 83 reviews
Riverside Junior/Senior High School Reviews
The teachers were always willing to help students bring out there best potential. I learned everything I would need to get into the college of my dreams. While sometimes the students in the school did not make me feel safe, I knew the teachers and other staff were doing all they could to make us feel at home. Over the course of the four years, I have attended, I have seen a tremendous amount of positive change by the staff and students. The staff has tried to allow students to have fun while learning and get the best out of their education. With this, students attitude towards learning, as well as mine, has become increasingly better. Riverside High School has become a better school each and every year.
The way Riverside prepares you for the future is great. You can earn an associate's from Lakeland Community College by the time you graduate, thanks to the CCP (College Credit Plus) program they offer. Or you can learn a trade at Auburn Career Center. The classes are very good, and the teachers do a very good job in adapting to the students needs while still staying on schedule with their lesson. The school is very supportive of their sports teams and are very supportive of the drama club whose shows never a disappoint. Also both the concert and marching band are conducted very professionally and the students have an enjoyful experience with it. The faculty is very helpful in making sure that your transition from freshman year to senior is smooth so when you graduate theres no stress on getting your transcripts together. My time at Riverside was a great learning experience and introduced me to different ethnicities, beliefs, and provided a safe environment.
I really like the atmosphere of the school. Teachers are always willing to help out whenever you need it, and they really reach out to those who are in need. The arts program at the school, band, choir, theatre, art, is really well known. We have outstanding sports teams and a wonderful student section that is there to cheer them on. What could change is requirements for graduation. I feel that taking at least one year of a foreign language should be required in order to graduate because most colleges look for that in your transcripts, but even if you aren't going to college, it still looks good.