COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Riverdale Country School is following a hybrid schedule this year with a combination of in-person and remote learning. No visitors are allowed on campus. Several online Admission events are planned for prospective parents in October and November. To learn more and register, go to our website. Learn More
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
Founded in 1907, Riverdale Country School is a co-educational, independent school serving PreK to Grade 12 in New York City. Located on two campuses, Riverdale offers exceptional facilities and outdoor learning spaces. The core of the school's mission–"mind, character, community"—reflects its rigorous academics, extensive co-curricular offerings, focus on character strength development, and supportive culture. Innovative, research-based teaching in and outside of the classroom inspires purposeful learning. Local and global experiences linked to the academic program develop cultural fluency.
Riverdale encourages students to find meaning and purpose. Independent studies, "passion grants," internships, student-led activities, science research, athletic teams, service-learning, global travel, affinity spaces, and opportunities to meet changemakers in every field allow students to explore how they might make a difference in the world, how they might "change the world for the good."
Riverdale Country School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+62 Students
- A+48 Students
- A+47 Students
- A+42 Students
- A+41 Students
- A+39 Students
- A+38 Students
- A+37 Students
- A+37 Students
- A+35 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses