River Valley High School is an above average, public school located in Spring Green, WI. It has 439 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
River Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+34 Students
- C+21 Students
- A-18 Students
- B16 Students
- B14 Students
- B+13 Students
- B13 Students
- A+10 Students
- B10 Students
- B10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like River Valley High School
River Valley High School Reviews
The class sizes were perfect. There was a lot of time where I would get one-on-one help from my teachers. Most of the teachers really invested a lot of their time to help students in and out of class. For the most part, the athletics were coached by top-notch coaches. The biggest thing that could be changed is the culture of the school. There is a really big divide between the students that take an interest in agriculture, mechanics, and welding and the students that play sports or are more popular.
River Valley High School was a good high school for me. It is in a small town and everyone know everyone. Which is good because most get along well with one another. It is also bad because everyone know everyone else's business. Also, the diversity there is growing very slowly and when student go out to bigger communities they have awkward times adjusting to the new diversity ratio.
River Valley has a very welcoming atmosphere. The teachers truly care about what you are doing and help you when it is needed. They prepare you for college in every way they can.