River Springs Charter School is an above average, public, charter school located in Temecula, CA. It has 5,833 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 27 to 1. According to state test scores, 30% of students are at least proficient in math and 46% in reading.
River Springs Charter School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+44 Students
- A43 Students
- A+40 Students
- A-34 Students
- B+34 Students
- A+33 Students
- A+31 Students
- C+30 Students
- A28 Students
- A-27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Schools like River Springs Charter School
- A-Santa Rosa Academy
- Menifee Union Elementary School District, CA
- 90 reviews
- ATemecula Preparatory
- Temecula Valley Unified School District, CA
- 96 reviews
- B-Heritage High School
- Perris Union High School District, CA
- 410 reviews
- B+West Valley High School
- Hemet Unified School District, CA
- 277 reviews
River Springs Charter School Reviews
RSCS was a great school in many areas and helped me prepare for my future. Some of their best programs that I took advantage of were CTE classes and Dual Enrollment classes. Both earned me college credit that I can use towards my general ed. However, I do believe the core classes in subjects like math and science are missing a few things to help students be college ready and understand the material being taught. Math and Science courses in all programs needs to be strengthened so students here can excel better in STEM courses. Personally, I want to be a STEM major and I believe the courses I took at MSJC better helped me than any of my math or science courses at RSCS. To make these courses better, I would suggest retraining current teachers in the area for each class they are going to teach, e.g., Physics, Algebra, or hire additional teachers with these specialties. Overall, however, I feel well prepared for college and am graduating with high honors from the State and my school.
I loved my experience at River Springs Charter School. I was able to gain first-hand college experience as a dual/concurrent enrollment student and the charter school structure allowed me to volunteer and work as a preschool teacher in order to gain experience in the education field. Through these volunteer hours and work experience, I was accepted as a merit based full scholarship winner of the Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange to spend a year abroad in Germany, which I recently returned from.
I like that River Springs has various programs to pick from in order to further your high school experience. These programs also allow you to be more desirable to colleges. The keys program is great for independent workers who are looking for a vigorous work load in order to be college ready. However, the counselors and teachers should prepare students in terms of acknowledging how to apply for college and when to take the SAT and ACT.