River Springs Charter School is an above average, public, charter school located in Temecula, CA. It has 5,833 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 27 to 1. According to state test scores, 30% of students are at least proficient in math and 46% in reading.
River Springs Charter School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+49 Students
- A+45 Students
- A45 Students
- A-39 Students
- A+37 Students
- B+36 Students
- A32 Students
- C+31 Students
- A+31 Students
- A-30 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Schools like River Springs Charter School
- A-Santa Rosa Academy
- Menifee Union Elementary School District, CA
- 95 reviews
- ATemecula Preparatory
- Temecula Valley Unified School District, CA
- 96 reviews
- B-Heritage High School
- Perris Union High School District, CA
- 412 reviews
- B+West Valley High School
- Hemet Unified School District, CA
- 280 reviews
River Springs Charter School Reviews
This school has been a challenging experience and many teachers or administration staff are simply not helpful or give wrong information. We have had a terrible streak of counselors, extremely low diversity, and been put as test rats for an ever changing grading system which compromises our overall GPA and future. The teaching system has changed all four years I’ve been here and had caused stress for every student I’ve talked to. The only perk is the option of dual enrollment which has limited options but they’re still available. This school could use MAJOR improvement as soon as possible. I’m not one to complain but there is so much that needs fixing around here. The only thing keeping me sane is the possibility of college and supportive friends and select teachers that have helped me so much throughout my high school career. Teachers like the ones for English all grades, history, and math.
RSCS was a great school in many areas and helped me prepare for my future. Some of their best programs that I took advantage of were CTE classes and Dual Enrollment classes. Both earned me college credit that I can use towards my general ed. However, I do believe the core classes in subjects like math and science are missing a few things to help students be college ready and understand the material being taught. Math and Science courses in all programs needs to be strengthened so students here can excel better in STEM courses. Personally, I want to be a STEM major and I believe the courses I took at MSJC better helped me than any of my math or science courses at RSCS. To make these courses better, I would suggest retraining current teachers in the area for each class they are going to teach, e.g., Physics, Algebra, or hire additional teachers with these specialties. Overall, however, I feel well prepared for college and am graduating with high honors from the State and my school.
River Springs is one of the best schools I have ever attended so far. As a senior, I have gone through most of my high school life seeing how hard all the teachers and staff work. This school has inspired me to want to learn and they continue to help me grow in my academics. River Springs is an amazing school, all their programs like Keys, are awesome and they are very devoted to their students. River Springs is amazing and I know they will continue to do amazing things.