River Oaks School Reviews

Covid-19 response was awful. Both teachers and students ignored all safety precautions. There are virtually no clubs or activities, and there are barely any electives to choose from. There isn't anything for the arts, and they favor sports over everything. The students are generally racist and homophobic, and bullying goes mostly unpunished. The teachers are pretty mediocre, and they don't really seem to care about the quality of the education (with a few exceptions of course). The positive for this school is that there is a small class size, and it almost feels like a small family. That is, if you join in elementary school. All the friend groups have been established, so it can be hard to make friends. The facilities are also pretty bad. For example, they don't even have a librarian, or a proper book checkout system. The track is so bad that it isn't cleared to hold any events. There have been multiple injuries, but they won't fix it. Those are my issues with River Oaks.
Fun family atmosphere. The teachers care about the kids and want them to succeed. Small class sizing help with one-on-one teaching
Horrible education. No opportunities. Although better than other schools in the area, I would never choose to go here if other schools were available. Elementary school is great, but it gets worse and worse from there. Kids lowkey bully others, teachers barely teach anything useful, there are basically no clubs/electives/events available. No behavior is taught, kids can get away with almost anything (juuling, racism, etc.), and there is no sense of respect. There are no advanced classes available, and no way for kids to be creative and show off their individuality. Horrible responses to COVID-19, as most students and teachers don't wear masks in class, and the online classes are terrible. This school puts me in a horrible mood for the rest of the week.
Start Your Review of River Oaks School
I love the student to teacher ratio. And I also like how connected we are with each other. We’re a small school where everyone knows everyone. The staff does an excellent job getting their students ready for college.
Love our school! Best choice we could have made for both academics and sports. I appreciate my children being encouraged to try new things athletically and also being pushed in classroom to achieve their personal best.
It’s a pretty good school. It has a welcoming atmosphere. It should focus an the arts more and is not very diverse. Teachers are very good and friendly. Prepares for college. Overall great school!!!!!!
My child has been going to River Oaks since he was in the 1st grade and he really loves it there. It is well worth the cost of tuition. The teachers make extra effort for the children and really seem to care. If there is a problem they will call you and let you know. If you have a problem it is easy to contact the school and get someone who cares and who will listen. It is a great place for us.
I enjoyed River Oaks because of the opportunity to play multiple sports and to have teachers prepare me for college. River Oaks is special because you are given a lot of one on one help since it is so small. One thing I would change about River Oaks is the number of groups and clubs it offers. That is one area that needs to be improved, but overall I liked River Oaks.
River Oaks has meet and surpassed our academic needs. It is a well rounded school with excellent parent and faculty involvement.
My kids love River Oaks! Teachers are excellent! My son is a senior and is well prepared for college! Need more sports participation!
Have two kids that go to River Oaks? Best decision we have made! Wish sports were more of a priority!
This school is such a great place to be a student. The faculty is supportive and knows everyone by name. This school has really prepared me for collage in the fall. It offers a variety of online classes both dual enrollment and non. River Oaks also has many clubs: French club, Interact, FCS, and more. This school is amazing and I would recommend it to anyone.
This school has me ready for college and the teacher are nice enough to help if you need to understand something to you in a different way
My child has come out of her shell since attending River Oaks School. River Oaks offers and encourages their students to be a part of many different sports, clubs and community service organizations. The teachers and staff are the best!
river oaks provides a variety of extra curricular activities, and adds new ones as needed.
the school responds well to emergencies, students are closely monitored by teachers and school staff, bullying is not tolerated. our school is like a close-nit family.
The school tries to provide students with every opportunities they can
Start Your Review of River Oaks School
Wouldn't want to go anywhere else!
Nice mix of clubs and sports for all students with more becoming available.
The school is very welcoming. If a student is even just considering attending, they do everything they can to make them feel at home and find a good fit in the school. After getting accepted, both parents and students just mix right in. We love new people.