River Falls High School is a highly rated, public school located in River Falls, WI. It has 941 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 46% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
River Falls High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+108 Students
- A+85 Students
- B59 Students
- B+57 Students
- A-54 Students
- B46 Students
- B+41 Students
- A40 Students
- B+35 Students
- B+28 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like River Falls High School
- A-Hastings High School
- Hastings Public School District, MN
- 201 reviews
- B+Saint Croix Central High School
- Saint Croix Central School District, WI
- 39 reviews
- A-Hudson High School
- Hudson School District, WI
- 235 reviews
- A-Stillwater Area High School
- Stillwater Area Public Schools, MN
- 429 reviews
River Falls High School Reviews
Academically, River Falls High School is a great school to attend. The grading scale if fairly difficult but nothing too hard. There are plenty of AP classes and a wide variety of academic subjects. They have a youth options course with the UWRF for students surpassing high school classes. Sports, however, are tied up in last name politics and coaches favorites. The clubs and activities are fun and interesting, with more clubs being formed yearly. For education and clubs, River Falls is a great high school. For sports, not so much.
My Child is in the Marching Band and Jazz Band. Through great instruction from the RFHS instructors, he made it to Honor Band and Solo Ensemble. What's important is to hear each professional judge compliment my Son's Band and Jazz teachers praise for how they inspire and work with him to perform at his best. So, I too give the RFHS praise for the great music/band program they offer.
I very much enjoy the atmosphere. Teaches are generally accepting people and due to years of anti-bullying campaigns, bullying is now much better--and this is coming from an LGBTQ student.