Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesA
Rivendell Academy is a public school located in Orford, NH. It has 201 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Rivendell Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-21 Students
- B-17 Students
- B+14 Students
- B-9 Students
- B-8 Students
- B7 Students
- A+6 Students
- B-6 Students
- A+5 Students
- A-5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 12 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Rivendell Academy
Rivendell Academy Reviews
The class sizes are very small and the teachers will go out of their way to help students if they have issues. In fact, the school is structured to provide the students with many opportunities to be successful in their classes with blocks of time for academic support if needed. The one thing that I would change is the school is extremely liberal as are most of the teachers. That in itself is fine but they have a tendency to force those ideas into their charges instead of trying to let them develop their own. Because the school is so small, the electives that are available are rather limited and the amount of sports available is low.
Rivendell is a great school with a changing curriculum. It centers the students primarily and works to make well-rounded graduates that are prepared for college. It could do better on some policies and it is not very diverse. Most teachers want you to succeed... some others seem like they’re purely there for pay.
We have lots of extracurricular things that you can do at my school. For how small and young our school is, we have really great sports programs. We recently just started a bowling team, and are already doing really well. Our administration and some students have also gotten everything together for a fencing team! At our school you have so many options, and if we don't offer what you would like you can very easily start it yourself! Our teachers and administration are very supportive and always want to help. We also have many after school clubs and activities.