Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Ripon High School is an above average, public school located in Ripon, WI. It has 454 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Ripon High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+78 Students
- B-53 Students
- A-34 Students
- B30 Students
- B28 Students
- B26 Students
- A24 Students
- A-20 Students
- B20 Students
- B-18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Ripon High School
- B+Laconia High School
- Rosendale-Brandon School District, WI
- 69 reviews
- B-Horace Mann High School
- North Fond du Lac School District, WI
- 62 reviews
- BBerlin High School
- Berlin Area School District, WI
- 47 reviews
- B+Markesan High School
- Markesan School District, WI
- 19 reviews
Ripon High School Reviews
My overall experience at Ripon High School has been pretty average. The environment itself is one that I would attribute to what most peoples' preconceived notions of high schools are like. As you move up through the grades, the work does get harder and greater in size, but that is to be expected (especially when you take AP classes. One issue that has become more prevalent over the years is the instability of multiple teaching positions. Several teachers have been arriving at the school, teaching for very short periods of time (often a year or less), and then leaving. For example, over the period of three school years, the high school has had four choir teachers. There was even a brief stint where there was no choir teacher, and the class was instead run by the students. I have to assume this issue stems from an administrative problem, but I cannot be sure. Other than this problem, though, my experience at Ripon High has thus far been an average high school experience.
Ripon High School was academically above average. Teachers and other staff created an environment centered on education for all. They believed that everyone could be successful in high school. Although there were few options when it came to course selection, there was room to choose classes that were fitting. However, I felt that my education and opportunities were "stained" by many downfalls. I found that a few certain staff members and many students were not inclusive and accepting of all. I witnessed the affects that racism, sexism, and homophobia had on the school. The school needs to address these issues on impact. I was not satisfied with how safety was handled. Female students were not protected from sexism at school at all. The school did not notify students during a shooting threat. Although the academics of this school are excellent, I feel as though some rare instances were powerful enough to lower the school's rating.
Overall I enjoyed this high school, it had a very friendly atmosphere and everyone got along well. I truly enjoyed how many people would smile in the halls and get involved in the sports involved and the clubs offered (our student section was among the best in sports). We took a lot of pride in being a Tiger (mascot) and am proud to be an alum of the school. I wouldn't change a whole lot, but a few classes and the way that they're taught are outdated, and I think that we should start getting classes to better prepare us to the life ahead of us.