Ripon High School is a public, alternative school located in Ripon, CA. It has 30 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B4 Students
- B4 Students
- B+4 Students
- A-3 Students
- B3 Students
- B+2 Students
- B+2 Students
- A-2 Students
- C-2 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like Ripon High School
- B+Ripon High School
- Ripon Unified School District, CA
- 154 reviews
- B-East Stanislaus High School
- Oakdale Joint Unified School District, CA
- 1 review
- C+Franklin High School
- Stockton Unified School District, CA
- 211 reviews
- B-Weston Ranch High School
- Manteca Unified School District, CA
- 255 reviews
Ripon High School Reviews
A good majority of the teachers at this school seem happy with their job, but don't seem as engaging as they could be. There are particular teachers who stand out and make everyday enjoyable and interesting, but others remain inconsistent, discriminatory, even sometimes sexist towards the females. Many teaching methods are no-brainers and I have had several teachers write down paragraphs straight from the textbook, furthermore make us write it in our own notes. There can be better ways of teaching students! Some teachers even fear the idea of technology, and ban cellphones and declare that they must be turned off during school hours, even though their hypocrisy shows when they pull it out of their own pockets. There is little to no respect when it comes to the teachers and the students at the school - Some adults think that students must treat them as though they are authority but in reality, respect is a two-way street. There needs to be a basis of understanding that the student is not better than the teacher, and vice versa, the teacher is not better than the student. The relationship between the teachers and the students was one of the many reasons why I dreaded coming to school every morning.
My favorite experiences would have to be the school events, such as the dances and the barbecues. Those are so enjoyable and it definitely gives students a desperately needed reprieve from the nonstop drag of everyday. The energy of the STUDENTS (not the teachers...) definitely help my friends and I maintain a positive attitude (and a shred of sanity) through out the week. I wouldn't choose this school, however, because most of the relationships with the students and teachers seem disconnected and makes the learning environment strained and uninteresting. Furthermore, it's hard to get letters of recommendation from teachers who don't even bother to get to know you. I felt like this school's staff could have done better in my time here.
I love the drama and arts this school has. I am planning on starting an improv group to get students involved and natural at acting without a script. Most kids drop out of the club they sign up for, however. There is little Administration support, and only sports are an after-school activity.