Ripley High School is a public school located in Ripley, WV. It has 924 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Ripley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-217 Students
- B-178 Students
- C+116 Students
- C94 Students
- B-80 Students
- C+67 Students
- B-58 Students
- C55 Students
- C51 Students
- B-43 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.29 responses
Ripley High School Reviews
Ripley High School was an overall great experience. I honestly believe that Ripley High School prepared me very well for my future. It taught me very important lessons and life skills that I needed in life after high school. I honestly also felt very included at Ripley High School. I feel like Ripley High School tries to make everyone feel like they have a place and is important. I also feel that Ripley High School has teachers and staff that actually care about you, and that actually want to help you! I believe that Ripley High School does a excellent job at preparing you for college.
The school was Really good at the time I was there. I was involved in the marching band and the varsity soccer team. That experience gave me experiences and opportunities i thought i would never have. The technology at this school is amazing. Each student had their very own Apple Macbook Air . Just having those made the experience of learning extraordinary. In 2016 the school brought a new program called canvas to submit work and etc. (like how colleges use blackboard) . The teachers didn't use the abilities of canvas that often , but seeing my mother who is a teacher and my brother who is a senior at the same high school, They use canvas extensively now. Especially through the corona virus pandemic of 2020. Overall my experience their is a four out of 5 due to some bumps in the rough and new technology being learned. I bet this school is 5 out of 5 now if i was to graduate now.
I love the atmosphere. I know just about everyone I go to school with. Everyone is friendly for the most part and you always know what is going on. There is never much change which is not always good, but we get the job done!