Ripley High School is an above average, public school located in Ripley, WV. It has 936 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Ripley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-179 Students
- B143 Students
- B-82 Students
- C72 Students
- C+65 Students
- C+51 Students
- B-47 Students
- C+44 Students
- C40 Students
- B-31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 38 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Ripley High School Reviews
Ripley High School was an overall great experience. I honestly believe that Ripley High School prepared me very well for my future. It taught me very important lessons and life skills that I needed in life after high school. I honestly also felt very included at Ripley High School. I feel like Ripley High School tries to make everyone feel like they have a place and is important. I also feel that Ripley High School has teachers and staff that actually care about you, and that actually want to help you! I believe that Ripley High School does a excellent job at preparing you for college.
Great school. Great location. Discipline is not handled well! Most staff is ready to start the day with a warm welcoming smile, are very understanding, and care about your success!
As school takes up a large percentage of my day, I believe that it is important that my environment is preparing me for the future. Ripley High School offers everything I want in a school. The incredible staff make learning fun and exciting for everyone, whether it is someone with a hard time with academics or someone who is brilliant. The staff tries to meet everyone's personal needs to help them succeed in school. My grades have been a big deal in my life because I am preparing for my future. I might not be the smartest student, but with the help of some encouraging teachers, I can be the hardest working. Although academics are important to me, I also believe the arts are just as important. They bring out the creative side of every single individual, making us all different from one other. I am an active member of Ripley’s music program, which is heavily supported among the community and school board. With everything that is offered at Ripley, I would highly suggest this school.