Rio Rico High School is a public school located in Rio Rico, AZ. It has 1,181 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 4% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-527 Students
- A376 Students
- B+295 Students
- C+238 Students
- B165 Students
- A91 Students
- B+80 Students
- A+73 Students
- C+65 Students
- B-58 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.45 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.45 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 108 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.61 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.67 responses
Schools like Rio Rico High School
Rio Rico High School Reviews
My experience at Rio Rico High School has been amazing! I love all Rio Rico HS staff, from teachers to janitors. Everyday I learn something new because of them. Were not just a school were a family-community. Also, their Cambridge and AP programs are fantastic. They prepare us for college, and many people have succeeded because of the programs. Even though they are rigorous courses, they prepare you for the upcoming chapter of your life. This is why I love Rio Rico High School, and I am beyond proud of being a hawk!
My experience at Rio Rico High School has been amazing. Rio Rico High School is part of a small community, and because of that, we are all really united. As a student, I feel like my teachers have prepared my me well enough for college, and the real world. Administration does organize events for universities and colleges come to Rio Rico High School, and help seniors apply to the university or college. We also have college fairs, that’s when colleges and universities from Arizona come to the school, and just talk about what their school is about. Honestly, I wouldn’t want to change anything major from the school. The only thing that does bother me is the dress code. It’s very unfair and extremely strict to teenage girls.
Although I will attend Rio Rico until fall, I've heard that it is a great school. The school has received many prestigious awards, and it id recognized nationwide. Students at RRHS have received the highest scores in the U.S. for Cambridge testing. This is letting me know that my education is in very good hands. I've been to Rio Rico High School many timed before and the teachers and staff have always been very welcoming and kind towards me. They make you feel safe and give you a sense of belonging. With my transition from middle school to high school, the staff has been very helpful through it all. They've helped me so much in picking my classed and what's best for me. The students are very welcoming and encouraging. I feel happy and satisfied that I will attend this school very soon.