Rio Grande City High School is a public school located in Rio Grande City, TX. It has 1,761 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 80% of students are at least proficient in math and 46% in reading.
Rio Grande City High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B264 Students
- B196 Students
- A+185 Students
- B-178 Students
- A+164 Students
- B+156 Students
- B-133 Students
- B118 Students
- B+91 Students
- A-91 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 30 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Rio Grande City High School Reviews
I have so far loved my high school experience for quite a few reasons, one being all the lessons I have learned not only in education but in life. Even when I have been at my lowest, there is still someone who is always available to listen to me whether it be a teacher, a coach, principle or even a custodian. It has taken a lot to get to where I am at now, and I honestly would not be where I am without the help of my high school. Even administrators themselves seem to put their life aside to help out one of the many students they have to be in charge of.
I loved how nice the teachers and staff were. I also enjoyed that the teachers would have tutorials for students who needed more help, and block classes for those that needed more work in a certain subject, I would just change the fact that they favor guy athletes more than girls.
My high school was not very diverse but the majority of our teachers were understanding and caring. The staff would interact with us by passing out wristbands and stickers. If we got a good grade or would help other people, we would get these unity cards and you can win a prize from it.