grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A minus
Rio Grande City High School is a public school located in Rio Grande City, TX. It has 1,783 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 41% of students are at least proficient in math and 34% in reading.
Rio Grande City High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B292 Students
- grade B212 Students
- grade A+201 Students
- grade B minus187 Students
- grade A+173 Students
- grade B+161 Students
- grade C+140 Students
- grade B121 Students
- grade A minus99 Students
- grade B95 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A
- Good for Familiesgrade C+
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 35 responses
- Football games in marching band26%
- Basketball games17%
- All of the above9%
- Pep rallies9%
- Soccer games9%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade A minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$11,826 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 21 responses
Rio Grande City High School Reviews
Rating 3.75 out of 5 132 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I loved my experience at Rio Grande City High School. Both of my parents went to Rio and all of my aunts and uncles went too so I am glad to be a part of that generation. Rio Grande City High School made my four years of high school memorable. From getting to spend years of school with past friends to being able to meet new friends, from being able to play high school sports, enjoying the high school life. it was all memorable and I will never forget the memories here at Rio. I accomplished so many thing here at this school. I was part of the 2019-2020 Rio Grande City Rattler Football Program that won the title of District Champions, I got to be accepted as a member of the National Honor Society, and so many more. I recommend all young students and upcoming freshmen to come to Rio Grande City High School, The teachers are friendly, the administration is fun, and they make you feel like you are at home. You will have a blast!
I have so far loved my high school experience for quite a few reasons, one being all the lessons I have learned not only in education but in life. Even when I have been at my lowest, there is still someone who is always available to listen to me whether it be a teacher, a coach, principle or even a custodian. It has taken a lot to get to where I am at now, and I honestly would not be where I am without the help of my high school. Even administrators themselves seem to put their life aside to help out one of the many students they have to be in charge of.
I loved how nice the teachers and staff were. I also enjoyed that the teachers would have tutorials for students who needed more help, and block classes for those that needed more work in a certain subject, I would just change the fact that they favor guy athletes more than girls.