Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyC-
- Resources & FacilitiesD-
Rim of the World Senior High School is a public school located in Lake Arrowhead, CA. It has 915 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 64% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-141 Students
- A+129 Students
- B-126 Students
- A105 Students
- A101 Students
- A94 Students
- A85 Students
- A+84 Students
- A+83 Students
- A+78 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 80 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.34 responses
Schools like Rim of the World Senior High School
- NGMountain High School
- Rim of the World Unified School District, CA
- B-Wilmer Amina Carter High School
- Rialto Unified School District, CA
- 615 reviews
- BCajon High School
- San Bernardino City Unified School District, CA
- 659 reviews
- B+Yucaipa High School
- Yucaipa-Calimesa Joint Unified School District, CA
- 457 reviews
Rim of the World Senior High School Reviews
My experience at Rim of the World High School was pretty good for the most part, however as a community we lack diversity and as well lack academic opportunities and technology. Living in a smaller community has its benefits such as growing up with familiar faces and attending High School with them. However the diversity of different ethnic groups is not popular within our school. The majority of students are white along with some Hispanics and very few African Americans. Our academic opportunities are immensely scarce and limited. Classes offered are usually dropped within a few years and the need for teachers is high. Although, we as a community live in an affluent area, our school district rarely has enough funds to provide us with new necessities such as learning equipment, sports equipment or even offer courses that help the students outside of High School.
I am currently entering my last year at Rim of the World High School. I'd say my overall experience at my high school has been really good and problem free. The teachers are all amazing and the students are not always the best but for the most part they are. Safety and attendance are major concerns for the school which they take very seriously. One thing i would have to say is that sometimes the school doesn't do enough such as host a lot of school events , provide ample like other schools or do enough for certain sports but other than those things , Rim is a great , small, and peaceful high school.
Compared to a lot of high schools, Rim has a very close-knit, family like community as the majority of the students have known each other since elementary school. The school's small size also has benefits, as a smaller population tends to have less conflicts and everyone is easily remembered. Most of the staff at the school are alumni, which makes the experience more entertaining once you hear about their experiences. The school also has a campus like no other, with a view of the valley right in front of it. There are also two special sports offered at this school, those being mountain biking and shred team (Rim being one of the only schools in socal having a team), which really adds more unique value to the school.