Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Ridgeview High School is an above average, public school located in Colfax, IL. It has 181 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 35% in reading.
Ridgeview High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+22 Students
- A+22 Students
- B-17 Students
- B-16 Students
- B+7 Students
- B7 Students
- B6 Students
- A+6 Students
- A+6 Students
- B5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Schools like Ridgeview High School
- B+Le Roy High School
- Leroy Community Unit School District No. 2, IL
- 53 reviews
- A-GCMS High School
- Gibson City-Melvin-Sibley Community Unit School District No. 5, IL
- 57 reviews
- ANormal Community High School
- McLean County Unified School District No. 5, IL
- 368 reviews
- B+Prairie Central High School
- Prairie Central Community Unit School District No. 8, IL
- 76 reviews
Ridgeview High School Reviews
My experience at Ridgeview was amazing. I went to Ridgeview k-12 and loved every minute of it. The teaching staff is incredible for a small, rural school. The staff always made sure you were reaching your highest potential. I loved the atmosphere of the school and the positive energy that flowed through it each and everyday. Each day teachers were prepared to teach new lessons and provide new activities. Most students were prepared to learn and take in new information each and everyday. Clubs and activities were limited due to being a small school, but each club had many opportunities. Many of the opportunities included volunteer options and giving back to the community. At Ridgeview the club leaders lead by example and I think that is why Ridgeview becomes a better place each and every year.
The close-knit community here is extremely welcoming and kind. The town is very small, so everyone knows everyone, and you're guaranteed to have the same teacher at least twice at some point, which is actually nice, as you form a tighter bond with them.
When we moved into the area, we moved into this school district due to the system. Even though I may not agree with every move made by the district, overall and compared to area districts I feel Ridgeview is a standout.