Ridgefield High School Reviews

Great experience and teachers who definitely put time and investment into your personal growth and success. However, there was always a big divide between the really really good teachers and the decent and bad teachers. Also the college application process can be a bit cut-throat in Fairfield County but the school does do a good job of keeping your expectations realistic but again, it's hard not to get caught up in the hysteria of college applications here.
There are many activities to get involved, with clubs and sports for all students. Great teachers, who care for their students. High pressure for students to take AP classes and to go to a prestigious university. Teachers prepare students very well for college and life later on.
Education is good, the teachers are really hit-or-miss. Some are educators that I don't think I will ever find an equal to but some just sit behind a desk waving a stick at math problems all day. Also, the guidance department is a complete joke. They leave at noon or maybe earlier which means that students with afternoon free periods only can't meet with them until the next day or later.
Start Your Review of Ridgefield High School
The academics were really good (if you're on the right track), but the culture is pretty bad. Students are driven to the ground because they're pressured by the community to overextend themselves with APs and extracurriculars. Mental health takes a serious toll from this, and everyone just kind of swept that under the rug. If you're on the AP/Honors track you'll get good teachers and a solid educational experience, but otherwise you get worse teachers and fewer resources (which is arguably where they need them the most). It seemed like the special ed program was isolated, the only time the rest of the student body really saw kids in speced was when they were doing janitorial work like emptying garbage
I thought most of my high school teachers were great. RHS also has Chromebooks to check out which is very helpful. RHS also has a weight room available free for students. Another great quality about the school is the programs and events. One of the cons are the bathroom facilities disgusting conditions. Another problem with RHS is how the administration handles school issues.
Our overall experience as a family of 3 children who have gone through Ridgefield High School is mixed. Most of the teachers are highly qualified and provide a rigorous learning experience for their students. But that has come with an expense. The students are overburdened with homework. Today, with the competition to get into college students must be involved with after school activities, athletics, volunteering, and jobs. So when 2 hours or more of homework is added, the kids are stressed. They start their day at 7:25am and my children were usually not home until 12 or 13 hours later with after school sports practice and homework. There is very little diversity within the student body which limits their experience and understanding of other people other than themselves.
I loved Ridgefield High School, and I I will always remember my high school years as some of the most important and memorable years in my life! Virtually all the faculty at RHS are so knowledgeable about the subjects they teach, and they are always willing to offer some help. For example, I had some trouble in math during my junior year at RHS, so I contacted my teacher and she offered for me to come in and see her for extra help, so I saw her a few times after school, and I got an A on the exam the next week! This is just one example of how caring the RHS faculty was, and still is! The faculty—and truthfully, everyone at the school—just cares so much about the environment and everything they are doing, and it really is a wonderful place. The only thing I wish were better is the food. During my four years, the food seemed to get progressively worse. I believe this was due to budget cuts, but the food was just not very good by my senior year. Overall, though, RHS was just great!
Ridgefield High School is similar to the town of Ridgefield. Wealth is seen and displayed everywhere, which could lead to those with less money feeling slightly excluded or ostracized. For the most part, there are standard high school cliques, and those who don't follow every trend are sometimes dubbed "weird." The lack of diversity is also extremely apparent. Despite these negatives, there are many positive things about the school and students. Spirit is relatively high, and the athletics and academics are amazing. Half of the student body participates in a sport, and almost 30% take an AP class at some point in their 4 years. Most of the teachers are extremely competent, and those who aren't, still get the job done. The school does what it is supposed to, and prepares its students well beyond average to be ready for a 4 year school after graduation.
Overall a good high school. The only reason I knock it down two stars is it's lack of diversity and indulgence to helicopter parenting. It gives kids a good foundation but expects too much and can be out of touch. But what highschool isnt guilty of this.
I really have enjoyed my time here at Ridgefield High School so far, and can’t wait for more. The academics, sports and activities, as well as the facilities are AMAZING.
RHS is an overall good school, they focus primarily on student readiness in preparing them for college and getting them to do their best in everything they do, however sometimes parents and politics get too involved in the school, taking away focus from the students, often over situations that are not that overall important.
great teachers, bad administrators. Often treated students like young children but the occasional great teacher was a reason to love the school.
i liked nothign about ridgefield high school, it is drama filled, and if youre not popular or rich you are bullied
Ridgefield High was a great experience. I learned a lot and had some great teachers. When you’re a senior and you’re trying to make your review atleast 100 characters it gets kinda hard.
I enjoy coming to school for the social and educational aspects of it, but I feel like every day is the same. Often times teachers get wrapped up in getting through the units and tests that they lose originality and enjoyment. I dislike the way a lot of students treat each other and their teachers and it makes the atmosphere fairly juvenile. I enjoy being a part of sports and school clubs as it improves unity and comraderie. I wish teachers were more animated, original, and empathetic, but they all are nice and intelligent.
I loved the rigor that it offers and the emphasis it has on collaboration with my peers. I would like for my school to have the teachers take tests and update their teaching styles every so often so that they could teach their students the best way they can.
Administrators couldn't care less about the students and their well being though the try to put on a good face. They have no idea what goes on and are out of touch with students.
Start Your Review of Ridgefield High School
Ridgefield High School is a great community full of amazing staff and students. School spirit is a critical and celebrated aspect of the high school and brings students together. There are a plethora of after-school activities for students to partake in, instilling qualities like leadership, empathy, and strong work ethic.
Ridgefield High School has been great because I have had amazing teachers who have helped me through high school. I was able to learn in a safe environment. I had many opportunities to take classes I was interested in and be exposed to the business world.
Academically, this school is five stars, but a majority of the students and the principal deserve 1 star. Every year, some students draw swastikas on the school, some kid does black face for halloween, a bunch of kids put on sombreros and call themselves Mexicans. There is a lack of diversity in this school and I think that's why these kids do not get in any sort of trouble for any of this.