Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Ridgefield High School is a top rated, public school located in Ridgefield, CT. It has 1,618 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 89% in reading.
Ridgefield High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A377 Students
- A+181 Students
- A+165 Students
- A+148 Students
- A139 Students
- A+134 Students
- A+109 Students
- A107 Students
- A+104 Students
- A+104 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.34 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.34 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.56 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.62 responses
Schools like Ridgefield High School
- A+Darien High School
- Darien School District, CT
- 185 reviews
- A+John Jay High School
- Katonah-Lewisboro Union Free School District, NY
- 109 reviews
- ASomers Senior High School
- Somers Central School District, NY
- 148 reviews
- A-North Salem Middle/High School
- North Salem Central School District, NY
- 80 reviews
Ridgefield High School Reviews
Ridgefield High School has been a highly rigorous and motivating high school experience. As a junior, I feel that I have been thoroughly challenged by the classes I took over the past three years. With that, I feel that Ridgefield High School has offered a wide variety of courses and opportunities that are not at other high schools. My experiences with teachers has been incredible, and I find that they are extremely dedicated to their work and their students. Not only this, but the school has always been a fun place for students, offering a wide range of athletics, clubs, and other extra curriculars. Students are given many opportunities to get involved in not only the school, but in the greater community, especially through our highly selective National Honors Society. I have had a truly incredible experience at this high school, and I can't wait to hopefully return in the fall!
I loved Ridgefield High School, and I I will always remember my high school years as some of the most important and memorable years in my life! Virtually all the faculty at RHS are so knowledgeable about the subjects they teach, and they are always willing to offer some help. For example, I had some trouble in math during my junior year at RHS, so I contacted my teacher and she offered for me to come in and see her for extra help, so I saw her a few times after school, and I got an A on the exam the next week! This is just one example of how caring the RHS faculty was, and still is! The faculty—and truthfully, everyone at the school—just cares so much about the environment and everything they are doing, and it really is a wonderful place. The only thing I wish were better is the food. During my four years, the food seemed to get progressively worse. I believe this was due to budget cuts, but the food was just not very good by my senior year. Overall, though, RHS was just great!
My experience at Ridgefield High School was great! There was a nice balance between sports, theater, and education. The teachers were kind and for the most part, very considerate.