Ridgefield High School is an elite, public school located in Ridgefield, CT. It has 1,744 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 85% in reading.
Ridgefield High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-261 Students
- A+128 Students
- A+111 Students
- A+99 Students
- A+92 Students
- A+89 Students
- A+85 Students
- A+83 Students
- A+80 Students
- A-75 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.29 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.29 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 62 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.51 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.57 responses
Schools like Ridgefield High School
- A+Darien High School
- Darien School District, CT
- 160 reviews
- A+John Jay High School
- Katonah-Lewisboro Union Free School District, NY
- 93 reviews
- ASomers Senior High School
- Somers Central School District, NY
- 117 reviews
- ANorth Salem Middle/High School
- North Salem Central School District, NY
- 66 reviews
Ridgefield High School Reviews
While Ridgefield is know for have top ranked schools the high school is now run by horrible people that will do anything to protect the image of a "perfect" community. Victims of bullying are not defended and the assistant principle, once thought to have been a great family man as his ex-wife was the head of the art department, was known to have slept with and had a affair with a former student shortly before his promotion. I do not know one person, from the former star lax player and quarterback to the nobody sitting alone at lunch, to have enjoined their four years at this horrible institution
Ridgefield High School is a great community full of amazing staff and students. School spirit is a critical and celebrated aspect of the high school and brings students together. There are a plethora of after-school activities for students to partake in, instilling qualities like leadership, empathy, and strong work ethic.
Overall I have had a really great experience at Ridgefield High School. My parents raised me in this town because of its highly rated education system. The school is stressful but I felt that the pressure pushed me to learn to collaborate with others, meet deadlines, and work harder. I have always had an amazing group of supportive friends and have encountered little to no classic "teenage drama". I have been presented with unique opportunities in Ridgefield such as organizing our spirit weeks and attending a culinary competition. I only wish that Ridgefield High School would push their students into these amazing opportunities they have by allowing for students to take more electives. Although my high school career was full of not-so-fun days trying to power through with little sleep and symptoms of illness, I greatly enjoyed my time here.