Ridgefield High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-214 Students
- A+108 Students
- A+93 Students
- A+82 Students
- A+82 Students
- A+80 Students
- A+74 Students
- A+70 Students
- A69 Students
- A+66 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.29 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.29 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 62 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.51 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.57 responses
Ridgefield High School Reviews
Review Ridgefield High School
Overall I have had a really great experience at Ridgefield High School. My parents raised me in this town because of its highly rated education system. The school is stressful but I felt that the pressure pushed me to learn to collaborate with others, meet deadlines, and work harder. I have always had an amazing group of supportive friends and have encountered little to no classic "teenage drama". I have been presented with unique opportunities in Ridgefield such as organizing our spirit weeks and attending a culinary competition. I only wish that Ridgefield High School would push their students into these amazing opportunities they have by allowing for students to take more electives. Although my high school career was full of not-so-fun days trying to power through with little sleep and symptoms of illness, I greatly enjoyed my time here.
A very affluent community with students who take their situations for granted. The typical cliques you would expect to find at a high school. The sports teams are small but well funded. The breakfast grill and lunch options are on point. There are police officers patrolling the parking lots so cutting class is nearly impossible and the drug dogs come through to survey the lockers. As for the academics the school is very good, most students go on to pursue higher education and the staff is helpful in that aspect. These kids love to party though, every year there are a few that pass away from drunk driving or drug incidences.
While there are many problems with RHS (as there are with any school, especially a public school) it is still a highly-ratable school. There are many terrible teachers, but also an abundance of experienced and great teachers. The rest of the staff is pretty good: no complaints about guidance counselors, principal and vice principals are satisfactory. Some of the bigger problems students have are with the deans and lunch aides; they don't get along well. The food isn't great, but not repulsive. I wish there was an option for 3.5 stars....