Ridgefield High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-236 Students
- A+115 Students
- A+101 Students
- A+88 Students
- A+87 Students
- A+85 Students
- A+85 Students
- A+75 Students
- A+72 Students
- A+71 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.29 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.29 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 62 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.51 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.57 responses
Schools like Ridgefield High School
- A+Darien High School
- Darien School District, CT
- 155 reviews
- A+John Jay High School
- Katonah-Lewisboro Union Free School District, NY
- 91 reviews
- ASomers Senior High School
- Somers Central School District, NY
- 114 reviews
- ANorth Salem Middle/High School
- North Salem Central School District, NY
- 66 reviews
Ridgefield High School Reviews
Overall I have had a really great experience at Ridgefield High School. My parents raised me in this town because of its highly rated education system. The school is stressful but I felt that the pressure pushed me to learn to collaborate with others, meet deadlines, and work harder. I have always had an amazing group of supportive friends and have encountered little to no classic "teenage drama". I have been presented with unique opportunities in Ridgefield such as organizing our spirit weeks and attending a culinary competition. I only wish that Ridgefield High School would push their students into these amazing opportunities they have by allowing for students to take more electives. Although my high school career was full of not-so-fun days trying to power through with little sleep and symptoms of illness, I greatly enjoyed my time here.
A very affluent community with students who take their situations for granted. The typical cliques you would expect to find at a high school. The sports teams are small but well funded. The breakfast grill and lunch options are on point. There are police officers patrolling the parking lots so cutting class is nearly impossible and the drug dogs come through to survey the lockers. As for the academics the school is very good, most students go on to pursue higher education and the staff is helpful in that aspect. These kids love to party though, every year there are a few that pass away from drunk driving or drug incidences.
I loved Ridgefield High School. I think the school really fostered a healthy and supportive environment for students to thrive in. Teachers are very responsive to the needs of students, and the whole atmosphere seems fun and productive as well. I think RHS is amazing, I really do!!! I wouldn't change much. I think some clubs aren't very popular, and it might be better for those clubs not to be pursued because the time and energy spent to maintain the clubs is just not worth it. Other than that, RHS is awesome!!