Ridgefield High School is a top rated, public school located in Ridgefield, CT. It has 1,693 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 93% in reading.
Ridgefield High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A282 Students
- A+134 Students
- A+119 Students
- A+117 Students
- A+103 Students
- A+95 Students
- A-90 Students
- A90 Students
- A+85 Students
- A+84 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.31 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.31 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 69 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.53 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.59 responses
Schools like Ridgefield High School
- A+Darien High School
- Darien School District, CT
- 167 reviews
- A+John Jay High School
- Katonah-Lewisboro Union Free School District, NY
- 95 reviews
- A+Somers Senior High School
- Somers Central School District, NY
- 119 reviews
- ANorth Salem Middle/High School
- North Salem Central School District, NY
- 70 reviews
Ridgefield High School Reviews
I enjoy coming to school for the social and educational aspects of it, but I feel like every day is the same. Often times teachers get wrapped up in getting through the units and tests that they lose originality and enjoyment. I dislike the way a lot of students treat each other and their teachers and it makes the atmosphere fairly juvenile. I enjoy being a part of sports and school clubs as it improves unity and comraderie. I wish teachers were more animated, original, and empathetic, but they all are nice and intelligent.
RHS is an overall good school, they focus primarily on student readiness in preparing them for college and getting them to do their best in everything they do, however sometimes parents and politics get too involved in the school, taking away focus from the students, often over situations that are not that overall important.
Ridgefield High School is a great community full of amazing staff and students. School spirit is a critical and celebrated aspect of the high school and brings students together. There are a plethora of after-school activities for students to partake in, instilling qualities like leadership, empathy, and strong work ethic.