Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Ridge High School is a top rated, public school located in Basking Ridge, NJ. It has 1,864 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 70% of students are at least proficient in math and 79% in reading.
Ridge High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A260 Students
- A+175 Students
- A+161 Students
- A+139 Students
- A137 Students
- A+121 Students
- A+117 Students
- A-107 Students
- A+92 Students
- A+89 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.31 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.31 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.36 responses
Schools like Ridge High School
- A+Livingston Senior High School
- Livingston Board of Education School District, NJ
- 350 reviews
- A+Summit Senior High School
- Summit Public School District, NJ
- 156 reviews
- A+Millburn Senior High School
- Millburn Township School District, NJ
- 190 reviews
- A+Bernards High School
- Somerset Hills Regional School District, NJ
- 196 reviews
Ridge High School Reviews
My experience at Ridge High School changed my life. I met so many different people and all of them were so nice to me! The upperclassmen helped me when I had any questions about certain classes and they were always looking out for me. Also, whenever I was nervous about doing something, my peers and friends always supported me and encouraged me to get out of my comfort zone to be successful throughout my time at high school.
It’s a great school with a ton of great people. The teachers mostly know what they’re doing and care about their students and enjoy their jobs. There are tons of extracurriculars, clubs, sports, etc. in addition to a pretty big selection of electives. There are also a lot of different levels of classes, which allows you to challenge yourself. The worst thing about the school is that there can be a bit of a toxic academic atmosphere. Some students feels very pressured by their parents and make it overly competitive and always compare others with each other and to themselves. Mostly, it’s a lot of good kids though. Assistant principals aren’t terrible but principals don’t seem to stick around too long since our most recent quit halfway through the year with 60 day notice. The district administration, however, is very arrogant and pompous. Nobody really interacts with them, but they are still a pain in everyone’s butt.
Overrated. Guidance does not get to know your kid. Principal pretends to listen to your concerns but does nothing unless the parent had a big mouth and clout. He promised a follow up and it never happened. The really good teachers are not appreciated...and they are outnumbered by mediocre and poor ones who have no clue. My kid has spent many a night teaching herself topics, but that, in turn, has taught her independence. Sports teams are almost always predetermined and tryouts are just for show. There are a lot of conflicts of interest but don't complain or you'll be kicked out of the room. The building and campus are poorly laid out with only one accessible road. Otherwise Kids walk through muddy/ goose poop fields to get to the building. Focus seems to be on school ratings and test scores...should I go on?? On the plus side...kids seem ready for college but they don't have study skills because Rudge doesn't give finals.