Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Richmond-Burton High School is a highly rated, public school located in Richmond, IL. It has 636 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Richmond-Burton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+80 Students
- A+69 Students
- B+63 Students
- A61 Students
- B-53 Students
- A+47 Students
- C45 Students
- A-40 Students
- A+39 Students
- A+39 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 39 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.29 responses
Schools like Richmond-Burton High School
- B+Central High School
- Public School
- Salem, WI
- 185 reviews
- B+Burlington High School
- Burlington Area School District, WI
- 159 reviews
- B+McHenry High School - East Campus
- McHenry Community High School District No. 156, IL
- 228 reviews
- AAntioch Community High School
- Community High School District No. 117, IL
- 270 reviews
Richmond-Burton High School Reviews
My experience at RB was, overall, one that helped me grow as a person. I changed a lot in my time there and I hope to take some of the knowledge I gained there and use it beyond those walls. Being a typical highschooler though, I wouldn't say it was perfect, but there's also nothing I particularly disliked. Some of my teachers were very good and helped me out, either by being a good person to talk to or encouraging me. So thank you to them!
Richmond-burton as a whole is nice on the outside, with a great football program, seemingly nice staff and some of the best test scores in the state. But looking deeper not all teacher seems to know what their doing and for some the extent of their teaching is just word for word out of some book. Don't get me wrong it's a great school and it has a bunch of great teachers, but their just seems to be some bad eggs in the bunch who don't seem to care about teaching or the students in the slightest. It's also super tiny and they cram as many kids as they can into classes so it's easy to get overwhelmed and feel like everyone on top of each other all the time.
Richmond is a good school; however, I feel as though many students aren't engaged in school activities. This is not the fault if the staff, it is just a general observation. The teaching staff is wonderfull and very creative with their lesson plans. The maintenance staff is amazing. Our campus always looks beautiful. The administration could do more to make sure rules are being followed and could better finance for the likings if all extracurricular activities.