Richland High School is an above average, public school located in Richland, WA. It has 2,005 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 25 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 90% in reading.
Richland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A283 Students
- A+247 Students
- B-180 Students
- C169 Students
- B-134 Students
- B+113 Students
- A+89 Students
- B79 Students
- A-76 Students
- A-67 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.29 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.29 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.45 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.54 responses
Richland High School Reviews
My school is amazing! Everyone is kind and involved with out school we have over 100 clubs that welcomes every kind of person. We have sock club, buddy club, Lumberjack club which is where you go eat pancakes in flannels every Friday. I love my school because anyone can get involved and we all support each other. Athletes support the theater kids and the theater kids support the athletes. We always have a great support section at our sporting events and going to my school is just so fun. We get foreign exchanged students and get to learn about their different cultures. WE have so much school pride that we have spirit weeks all the time and almost all of the kids participate in them! I love going to a school that feels like home!
Richland High School has arguably the best community in the area. Our teachers are outstanding, so often I talk to teenagers whose teachers aren’t passionate, and I’m so fortunate to have never felt that as a problem. Additionally, the sense of community my school has through sports it’s very strong. Almost every sport, male or female, has a recent (past 10 year) state title. The entire town comes out for the basketball and football games too. You’ll even see 60 year olds with “Richland High Alumni” license plates. The one thing I would love to see change would be the music program. Because sports are so emphasized, the arts are generally shoved away. However, in recent years the arts, especially music, have been given a lot more recognition.
I am currently a sophomore at Richland High school. Going into high school I was nervouse but, everybody is very welcoming and kind! Something i would like to see change is the diversity. Especially in friend groups. Being in school I have notice how divided the school can sometimes get. Other then that it is a wounderful school! Fun fact: there are many clubs for everybody. For example, lumberjack club, microsoft club even sock club! I would never want to change being a Richland Bomber!