Richfield Senior High School is a public school located in Richfield, MN. It has 1,142 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
Richfield Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+210 Students
- B-75 Students
- B74 Students
- A-62 Students
- B59 Students
- B48 Students
- B+46 Students
- A+46 Students
- B38 Students
- A35 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 22 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Richfield Senior High School
- A-South Senior High School
- Minneapolis Public School District, MN
- 329 reviews
- B-Robbinsdale Cooper Senior High School
- Robbinsdale Public School District, MN
- 284 reviews
- A-Highland Park Senior High School
- St. Paul Public School District, MN
- 196 reviews
- BNorth Senior High School
- North St. Paul-Maplewood-Oakdale School District, MN
- 263 reviews
Richfield Senior High School Reviews
Attending school here was a disappointment. I was a high-achieving student and was not able to pursue my academic interests without taking courses elsewhere. Richfield is severely lacking in resources, academically, monetarily, and physically. There are hardly any clubs, terrible sports teams, a reputation for bad academics, and no feel of community. Teachers are unmotivated and students are rowdy. It's a terrible environment to attend school in, and it makes me worried about the reflection my school will have on me when applying to college. There is no opportunity to get ahead here.
Although Richfield High School is beginning to reconstruct some of their building, the facilities (bathrooms, in particular) were incredibly grotesque and run-down. I hope that part of their reconstruction plan is to fix these bathrooms, who often have no doors on the stalls and lack basic maintenance. Aside from that, Richfield High School is a generally average school. The education provided is not poor, but based on our average ACT scores, it is also far from the best. The teachers that make up the Richfield High School staff, though, are generally awesome. I have had the great opportunity to learn from many understanding, caring teachers that clearly want their students to succeed. Although every teacher has their own way of handling their classes, I have not had any particular issues with the teachers hired at Richfield High School.
My time at Richfield was like watching a bad movie about high school, there were fights in the hall, bathrooms were gross and could use a fresh coat of paint to cover the graffiti. Some teachers you could tell cared about their job and the importance of being a teacher but some teachers did not care, they would just let the disruptions of other students keep happening and it effected how we learned most days. There were cops that walked around the school and we had drug dogs come in and do locker checks. I would like to think that since I graduated that things have gotten better for the students there.