Richfield Senior High School is a public school located in Richfield, MN. It has 1,124 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
Richfield Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+176 Students
- B-64 Students
- B59 Students
- B56 Students
- A53 Students
- A+39 Students
- B38 Students
- B+36 Students
- B33 Students
- A28 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 22 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Richfield Senior High School
- B+South Senior High School
- Minneapolis Public School District, MN
- 314 reviews
- B-Robbinsdale Cooper Senior High School
- Robbinsdale Public School District, MN
- 262 reviews
- A-Highland Park Senior High School
- St. Paul Public School District, MN
- 186 reviews
- B-North Senior High School
- North St. Paul-Maplewood-Oakdale School District, MN
- 242 reviews
Richfield Senior High School Reviews
Although Richfield High School is beginning to reconstruct some of their building, the facilities (bathrooms, in particular) were incredibly grotesque and run-down. I hope that part of their reconstruction plan is to fix these bathrooms, who often have no doors on the stalls and lack basic maintenance. Aside from that, Richfield High School is a generally average school. The education provided is not poor, but based on our average ACT scores, it is also far from the best. The teachers that make up the Richfield High School staff, though, are generally awesome. I have had the great opportunity to learn from many understanding, caring teachers that clearly want their students to succeed. Although every teacher has their own way of handling their classes, I have not had any particular issues with the teachers hired at Richfield High School.
I really enjoyed my experience at my high school, it was fun and the classes I took challenged me and made me think critically. I believe that creating more opportunities and different classes might make the overall high school experience better because it will prepare us better for after high school plans. For example most colleges use APA format when writing, but all through high school we were told to use MLA because that is what college would use. Also offer more classes that could relate to more college majors and prepare you for your planned major. This could also be made a little easier by creating more periods throughout the day.
My experience at Richfield High School was one of a kind. There were a lot of changes while I was there, however, I did enjoy my time being there. The best thing about Richfield is that it is a very diverse community. It's known for that, and it does have strengths but there are a lot of weaknesses towards that. The one thing I wish would change is the achievement gap that is currently in place. I personally only had the same classmates due to this, because of the small variation in students that were in excelled classes.