Rhinelander High School
- RHINELANDER, WI
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C minus
- Health & Safetygrade C+
- Administrationgrade C minus
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade C
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
Rhinelander High School is a public school located in RHINELANDER, WI. It has 791 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Rhinelander High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+77 Students
- grade B57 Students
- grade B51 Students
- grade A47 Students
- grade A minus46 Students
- grade B45 Students
- grade B44 Students
- grade B minus40 Students
- grade B minus37 Students
- grade B+32 Students
View Homes Near Rhinelander High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 7 responses
- Rowdy Rhinelander43%
- Pep Rallys29%
- summer vacation14%
- Winter Musicals and Spring Plays14%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 13 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade C minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$13,909 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 16 responses
Rhinelander High School Reviews
Rating 3.38 out of 5 90 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Rhinelander High School is very considerate of the well-beings of their students. The administration almost always listens to feedback given by students through surveys, fulfilling their needs. However, Rhinelander High School could do a much better job at vocalizing opportunities throughout the community. Based on my personal experience, as a freshman and sophomore, I wasn’t familiar with certain extracurricular activities. Resulting in a lack of involvement until I was an upperclassman. I would suggest that the administration considers holding an activities fair in the beginning of the school year in order to display the opportunities that different extracurricular activities offer.
Rhinelander High School is a decent school, although our sports may not always win conference or state our athletes are very dedicated! Not only are the athletes dedicated but so are our students most of us take our schooling very seriously and would like to move on and go to college to pursue our careers and dreams! We are a smaller community but everyone knows each other and supports each other! Rhinelander offers many different clubs, sports, and activities to their students which makes kids get involved in the things they love because not everyone likes the same things!
Rhinelander high school has a lot of teachers who are biased and unfair to certain kids. They also don't seem to care a lot about their student's well being. Kids throughout the high school have poor mental health and the school does nothing. They don't offer enough options for us to do. We need more trips and fun things to do. They need to let us kids have some more say and do more things to bring school spirit to games. They don't even let us chant for our school during basketball games, it's ridiculous.