Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Rhea County High School is an above average, public school located in Evensville, TN. It has 1,469 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 31% of students are at least proficient in math and 35% in reading.
Rhea County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-182 Students
- C149 Students
- B142 Students
- B125 Students
- B117 Students
- B93 Students
- B-82 Students
- C+64 Students
- B-62 Students
- C61 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Rhea County High School Reviews
Rheacounty highschool offers alot of excellent acidemic oportunities. You can graduate a certified welder and they have alot of other CTE programs. They havealot of other useful classes including crimainal justice, Heath science, art, and corus. The teachers at rheacounty highschool are very helpful and hardworking. They always help any struggling student if help is needed. THe guidence office is also wonderful. If there is any sort of problem the guidnece cousleors are great to talk to ; however, any trusted adult including the ,teachers,staff, and couselors are great to talk to. The sports programs at rheacounty are also very good. The only thing i would change about rheacounty Highschool would be the location itself. Other then that rheacounty HIghschool is an excelente school to atend.
RCHS offers many opportunities for students. Sports: football, baseball, softball, tennis, volleyball, basketball, bowling, fishing, golf, track and field to name some. They offer focuses in theater, art, music, sports and ROTC. They have short-term classes on various subjects to introduce students to a variety of career or extra-curricular opportunities - hunter safety, how to play guitar, cosmetology, Windows software, just to name a few. The teachers are respectful and model the behavior they expect to see in students. The teachers are sincerely concerned with the students' lives outside of school as well.
I enjoy going to Rhea County High School. I started in my junior year and have made many friends. I am a cheerleader and I love it! I do feel like we need maybe another 15 minutes for lunch, since there are so many students it is hard to get food and have time to eat after having to wait in line.