Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Rensselaer Central High School is a public school located in Rensselaer, IN. It has 499 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Rensselaer Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+102 Students
- A89 Students
- B62 Students
- C+52 Students
- B52 Students
- A-44 Students
- B+31 Students
- NG27 Students
- B24 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Rensselaer Central High School
- B-Kankakee Valley High School
- Kankakee Valley School Corporation, IN
- 227 reviews
- C-West Central Senior High School
- West Central School Corporation, IN
- 36 reviews
- B+Tri-County Middle/Senior High School
- Tri-County School Corporation, IN
- 53 reviews
- B-North White Junior/Senior High School
- North White School Corporation, IN
- 70 reviews
Rensselaer Central High School Reviews
Typical small town high school. Some great individuals work here! There is lots to improve. Too much emphasis on sports andevere lack of resources. Lots of bullying and racist people. There was money put into technology but not too much to improve the school's structure or to pay teachers more. Art/music is severely unfunded. The lack of mental health services definitely needs to be addressed. The counselors here did nothing in my college search and were kind of useless.
I would like to see more positivity throughout the school. The high school does well with bullying and accepting differences, but many teachers and students come into the classrooms with issues outside of school. I would also like to see students being better prepared for life after high school, whether that be their lives in college or just being taught about everyday life. Many teachers aren't happy. There are many disrespectful kids and when they are rude to the teachers, then the whole class is miserable. The school should have more programs about how to treat each other. Too much money is being put into athletic department. It is great that the school cares so much about the students being active, but the money going towards some of the things that they purchase could go to more things to better the capability of knowledge in school.
My time at RCHS has been a very pleasant experience, I have enjoyed my time learning and growing in my education and setting new goals for myself. I would love for the school to offer more career classes and help one try to firgure out want to do after high school.