Reeths-Puffer High School is a public school located in Muskegon, MI. It has 1,200 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 56% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C277 Students
- B+250 Students
- B172 Students
- A168 Students
- B+147 Students
- B127 Students
- A+86 Students
- C-61 Students
- A-44 Students
- B-39 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.35 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.43 responses
Reeths-Puffer High School Reviews
I attended the Reeths-Puffer school district from kindergarten all the way until graduation. I found the school to have a very pleasant atmosphere and I always had a great time while I was there. They have taken extreme measures to ensure safety for their students, which some might seem to be over the top. But I believe they are doing the right thing in order to promote safety in their school. They care deeply about the success of their students and I loved being a part of a district like that. I greatly enjoyed being a Reeths-Puffer student.
I transferred to the Reeths-Puffer School District in third grade and continued to attend until I graduated in 2017. Previously I attended an arts academy which instilled a strong love for visual and performing arts in me. Reeths-Puffer was a great school to transition to because of their equal love for the arts. The theatre, choir, and band programs are all absolutely incredible. The directors are attentive, passionate and very educated in what they do. Many of the teachers I had were personable and very helpful. I received help applying to colleges and for scholarships from multiple faculty members. There is a lack of mental health related help but it is being worked on. The sports programs are put together but receive special treatment from faculty occasionally.
Reeths-Puffer is a very standard high school. Like all schools, it has its highs and lows- the good and bad teachers (and everything else). I would like to see the education reformed (and not teach directly out of a workbook), and I would like to have the teachers teach for the sake of learning, not just memorize facts for some test.