Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade A+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade A minus
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Reedy High School is a top rated, public school located in Frisco, TX. It has 1,883 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 78% of students are at least proficient in math and 88% in reading.
Reedy High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+298 Students
- grade A+252 Students
- grade A145 Students
- grade A+137 Students
- grade A minus121 Students
- grade A minus108 Students
- grade A96 Students
- grade A+93 Students
- grade B+93 Students
- grade A minus92 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade A
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 35 responses
- Pep rallies20%
- Little school events and traditions17%
- Football gmaes11%
- Spirit Week9%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade A minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$12,742 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 13 responses
Reedy High School Reviews
Rating 4.16 out of 5 86 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I am an 11th grade student attending Reedy High School. In my two and a half years of attending Reedy High School, I have seen the pros and cons of the school. First off, I love and appreciate the diversity that the school has. That allows for a more creative and successful environment and helps create a more comfortable surrounding. Moreover, I absolutely admire all the teachers at the school that take time out of their day to help out students in need of extra practice or help. The school is a very friendly environment with amazing people! Something that I would change about the school would be its limitations on more life skill classes. As students graduate high school, they are expected to know how to pay taxes, learn time management, and overall know basic adulthood skills. However, as the school is very curriculum oriented, it sometimes fails to provide these life skills that should be taught.
Reedy High School is a great place to get your high school education done and that's it. The counselors and teachers are simply people hired to work that do not bother to care for any of the students attending Reedy. The disregard for students mental health is very prominent and a huge issue. Students should not have to dread coming to school every single day and worry for their safety physically and mentally. There are a few teachers that make my school day worth the while but its nothing compared to how much hostility this school holds towards its students. Through my four years of attending this school, my mentality and motivation have declined drastically. It is unacceptable for myself or any student to go through the unnecessary hardships this school has made us experience.
The teachers and staff at Reedy High School are beyond amazing. Although the education of the students is crucial each and every staff member puts us as people before students. At Reedy High School we focus on the experience and journey along with education, because oftentimes the destination isn't what counts the most, the journey does. This school facilitates a diverse and welcoming environment for every student that walks through the door. Us students are the future doctors, lawyers, chefs, engineers, etc... of the future and Reedy helps shape us to be extraordinary people and leaders.