Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Reed-Custer High School is an above average, public school located in Braidwood, IL. It has 473 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Reed-Custer High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+52 Students
- C+48 Students
- B31 Students
- B+30 Students
- B-29 Students
- B28 Students
- A+27 Students
- B24 Students
- A+24 Students
- A+23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 15 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Reed-Custer High School
- BHerscher High School
- Herscher Community Unit School District No. 2, IL
- 100 reviews
- B+Morris Community High School
- Public School
- Morris, IL
- 119 reviews
- BWilmington High School
- Wilmington Community Unit School District No. 209-U, IL
- 57 reviews
- B+Dwight High School
- Public School
- Dwight, IL
- 27 reviews
Reed-Custer High School Reviews
I have gone here my whole life and loved it! While we are a small school, the community is impeccable and the relationships built with teachers and students will be something I'll hold onto forever!
My experience at Reed-Custer has been all I could ever ask for it to be. Teachers are helpful and invested in students lives. They truly care about students; you can count on getting help before or after school when having trouble just about any day. Reed-Custer offers many extracurricular clubs and activities that draw in people of all interests. The school faces the same problems as big schools, but the administration does its best to take care of the problems quickly and efficiently.
At Reed Custer High School, I was very happy with the teachers I had and the classes I have taken. The facilities are great and are frequently updated, and the academics are great. I overall enjoy the school and suggest others come to Reed Custer as well!