Redondo Union High School is a top rated, public school located in Redondo Beach, CA. It has 2,871 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 26 to 1. According to state test scores, 53% of students are at least proficient in math and 69% in reading.
Redondo Union High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+326 Students
- A+259 Students
- A+249 Students
- A-241 Students
- A219 Students
- A+207 Students
- A-205 Students
- A192 Students
- A183 Students
- A-178 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.53 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.53 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.84 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.84 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.84 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.94 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.94 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.94 responses
Schools like Redondo Union High School
- A+Santa Monica High School
- Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District, CA
- 692 reviews
- ACulver City High School
- Culver City Unified School District, CA
- 735 reviews
- A+South High School
- Torrance Unified School District, CA
- 389 reviews
- AEl Segundo High School
- El Segundo Unified School District, CA
- 496 reviews
Redondo Union High School Reviews
Redondo Union High School (RUHS) is undoubtedly the BEST high school in the south bay! The school has an astounding amount of club joining opportunities to get involved in the community. At RUHS there are AP classes that are hands on, highly informative, and offer tutoring for each student. The athletic programs allow a wide variety of students from different backgrounds to learn and develop in each sport. Redondo Unions Associated Student Body does an excellent job at hosting activities to keep student, staff, AND community engaged. Overall RUHS is a great high school 10/10 would recommend.
Here are some reasons why I love my school. RUHS has one of the best high school campuses in California. Our campus is about a mile long, complete with 2 gyms, 2 turf athletic fields, 2 baseball fields, 12 tennis courts, a swimming pool, and an amazing auditorium. When I played lacrosse (which by the way, we are one of the few schools in the South Bay that has a girls lacrosse team), players on the opposing team would tell me how nice our campus and fields are, and when my cousin came from AZ to compete in a football tournament that my school was holding, he was in awe of our amazing facilities. But our campus isn’t the only thing that makes RUHS great! We have over 100 clubs on campus, and we’re the proud home of an award-winning school newspaper (High Tide) and yearbook (Pilot). In addition, RUHS doesn’t have the high school stereotypes like you see in the movies. With over 3,000 students, you’re bound to find people that you connect with and make high school more bearable.
I love RUHS because there are always so many opportunities. I've had many great experiences with teachers such as Mrs. Wimer. She was my Algebra 1 teacher last year. Before having her I had been absolutely terrible at math. However, I excelled in her class, got a 98%, and actively participated whenever I could. EveryEverytimetime I see her in the halls I always get excited to say hello! It is important to note that my school has so many people and students from different backgrounds, which I think is part of what makes it so great. I cannot wait to continue my last two years there and feel so blessed to call RUHS my school.