Redan High School is a public school located in Stone Mountain, GA. It has 1,044 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 9% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
Redan High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+274 Students
- A+212 Students
- B+171 Students
- B-143 Students
- C+117 Students
- C+113 Students
- C+112 Students
- B-106 Students
- A+104 Students
- B92 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.42 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.56 responses
Redan High School Reviews
I believe that Redan High School has the potential to be the great school that it once was. With parental participation, full effort from the staff, and open character from the students, we could make that happen. My experience here, I would say was average. There was a lot more that could have been put into my 4 years to really provide a great high school experience. Many efforts to make changes should be encouraged to improve the school. It will only be as good as the people who make it up. With that being said, the improvement of Redan High School, starts with us.
I'm a senior and I've been going to this school since I started high school. The majority of students complain about the school, saying that the curriculum is bad, when they're not even trying to take advantage of the average education we do receive. People complain that the teachers give too much work, as if high school isn't preparation for college and the real world. They protest that the teachers pick on them, when in fact, the same ones who "pick" on them are the ones who care the most. They are simply unappreciated. Redan High is a good school if you just take advantage and learn from your mistakes.
It’s an overall great experience. Teachers and staff are very nice and willing for their students! Excellent environment to learn in. Lots of diversity.