Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Red Oak High School is a public school located in Red Oak, IA. It has 315 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Red Oak High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+40 Students
- A38 Students
- A35 Students
- B26 Students
- B-17 Students
- B+17 Students
- A-14 Students
- B-14 Students
- B14 Students
- B-10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Red Oak High School Reviews
In my first year at Red Oak High School I have learned a lot. I have made many friends and can easily get involved in the activites. Like every other school, the food is average, the teachers are not as strict as they should be, and sometimes you just wonder why you're getting taught the quadratic equation instead of how to count back change. (It seems simple but it took me awhile to learn:).)
Red Oak High School is a very typical school in Southwest Iowa. It could be doing better, but it's not terrible. More than anything, if there's something you want to see happening within the school, you just have to start it yourself and be a leader, because that is what Red Oak needs.
I liked how great the environment was and how everyone celebrated everything, like academics and sports.