Red Mountain High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A647 Students
- B+420 Students
- A-331 Students
- B-295 Students
- B+171 Students
- A54 Students
- A+53 Students
- A+52 Students
- A+49 Students
- A+42 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.55 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.55 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.74 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.97 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.97 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.97 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.102 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.102 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.102 responses
Red Mountain High School Reviews
Review Red Mountain High School
Red Mountain High School is a school with a clear purpose and path for its students. The administration and students live by the mantra, "Courage, Respect, Influence" and it shows. Students are recognized for displaying these traits and are rewarded for their success in both academics and extracurricular activities. However, in order to try to further these ideals in all students, the school has implemented the "Red Mountain Change Exchange" which is a rather elementary attempt to persuade students to behave well (the receive a coin for good deeds which can be exchanged for prizes). In total, though, Red Mountain High School offers a plethora of excellent academic opportunities and encourages students to get involved at the school beyond their classes.
This school is considered an excellent high school in the Mesa Public Schools district. Though I have no other high school experience to compare it to, I must agree! The academics are excellent. I enjoyed all of my advanced and AP classes- the teachers were knowledgeable and caring, dedicated to helping the students do their best. A great variety of sports and clubs and music opportunities were offered. In fact, the choir is one of the best in the country and the softball team won the state title several years in a row! The campus was well-maintained and clean, although several things needed to be updated (like the restrooms). Ultimately, I enjoyed my experience there.
Red Mountain High School has awesome and helpful teachers, administrators,counselors, and other staff. The schools academics are totally great but sometimes leaves no room for improvement. The school lacks diversity and more union between students to make it a better school!