Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Red Mesa High School is a public school located in Teec Nos Pos, AZ. It has 179 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 10% of students are at least proficient in math and 10% in reading.
Red Mesa High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B45 Students
- B-44 Students
- B+42 Students
- A29 Students
- A29 Students
- B-28 Students
- B24 Students
- B20 Students
- C19 Students
- C+17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 3 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Red Mesa High School Reviews
The things I like about Red Mesa High School are some of the programs they offer; such as Upward Bound or Dual Enrollment courses. Organizations like that can help kids get a taste of college while they are still in high school. I also like the 4 day school schedule, which means we have no school on Fridays throughout the school year. But, I would really like to see a lot of things change. First of all, the school needs some kind of art form, the campus is all just one bland color; I would like to see some color. The entrance of the front office needs a sign, often times people wouldn't even consider the building because of how unwelcoming it looks. Red Mesa High has been struggling with money lately, and I would like to see that change mostly because there is little or no money to buy new equipment/uniforms for the sports programs. Lastly, I would like to see some of the staff members clean up their act. Some of the staff members at that school have begun to corrupt their power.
I have been going to school here at Red Mesa for 14 years now. My first enrollment was in Pre-School, and every year I returned until now it is my final year as a senior. From my many years, the staff has changed here and there, but a couple of the Elementary and Jr. High teachers do not have a very cooperative attitude. However, the High School staff and teachers are very kind and welcoming. The changes I would like to see is a better curriculum that will teach students and bring a better understanding for students of all grades.
I liked that Red Mesa High School have dedicated coaches/ teachers and the resources are not the best but useful. I would like to see change most of all is the food and the amount of classes that are offered, we need more classes that help in the field the students want to go into.