Red Hook Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Red Hook, NY. It has 643 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Red Hook Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+37 Students
- A+32 Students
- A+31 Students
- B+29 Students
- A+27 Students
- A27 Students
- C+26 Students
- A-24 Students
- B+23 Students
- B23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 39 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Red Hook Senior High School
- ARhinebeck Senior High School
- Rhinebeck Central School District, NY
- 66 reviews
- BStissing Mountain High School
- Pine Plains Central School District, NY
- 53 reviews
- B-Germantown Junior-Senior High School
- Germantown Central School District, NY
- 2 reviews
- BSaugerties Senior High School
- Saugerties Central School District, NY
- 117 reviews
Red Hook Senior High School Reviews
Red Hook High School is a beautiful school with great resources and many great and very helpful teachers who love what they do! The small school setting makes all the students connected and gives the opportunity to everyone to make friends and find a group to fit in with. With an auditorium on the way and new administration coming in, Red Hook High School is expanding its horizons and opening the doors to new experiences and opportunities for students and community members alike. The guidance offices in student services have copious resources for students looking to prepare for college and find the perfect one for them. With help always available, Red Hook provides an excellent education to those who apply themselves, especially in the IB Programme, and AP and honors classes available and heavily populated. The community-oriented feel of the school makes it the perfect spot for any student who is searching for a place to fit in.
On paper Red Hook High School is a fantastic school due to its size, its ib program, the technology, and sports departments. Unfortunately much of the staff aren't fit to teach with the amazing resources provided to them, and the administration is in a constant state of disarray as of late... The school is going through a lot of changes right now. All the same I wouldn't advise to avoid it. Red Hook has educated many competent and successful individuals over the years.
Because it was such a small school, RHHS created a community for the students. All students knew one another and we were all friends--everyone especially came together for sporting events. Academically, we are one of the best schools in our area. I was very prepared for college because of all of the work our teachers put into their lessons. Overall, it was a great experience, and a wonderful place to grow up.