Red Hook Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Red Hook, NY. It has 643 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Red Hook Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+37 Students
- A+29 Students
- A+28 Students
- B28 Students
- A+24 Students
- C24 Students
- A-23 Students
- A23 Students
- A-23 Students
- A-22 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 39 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Red Hook Senior High School
- ARhinebeck Senior High School
- Rhinebeck Central School District, NY
- 66 reviews
- B-Stissing Mountain High School
- Pine Plains Central School District, NY
- 53 reviews
- B-Germantown Junior-Senior High School
- Germantown Central School District, NY
- 2 reviews
- B-Saugerties Senior High School
- Saugerties Central School District, NY
- 116 reviews
Red Hook Senior High School Reviews
On paper Red Hook High School is a fantastic school due to its size, its ib program, the technology, and sports departments. Unfortunately much of the staff aren't fit to teach with the amazing resources provided to them, and the administration is in a constant state of disarray as of late... The school is going through a lot of changes right now. All the same I wouldn't advise to avoid it. Red Hook has educated many competent and successful individuals over the years.
I loved my time at Red Hook High School! It prepared me extremely well for college, and the teachers equipped me with all the tools I need to succeed in college. I highly recommend the IB classes and diploma to anyone who is academically inclined. The IB program has helped me learn how to balance my time effectively and how to cope with high levels of stress. The teachers are helpful and honestly care about their students. However, the school district is only as good as their students. The students need to take the initiative to develop academically during their time at Red Hook High School.
The academics at RHHS are very solid and rewarding too those students lucky enough to have it available to them. The full IB Diploma in particular is a highly rigorous and educational two year process where a student can learn more about the world around them while also learning more about themselves and what they have the potential to achieve with great teachers at your back every step of the way. Coming out of RHHS knowingly aware of all that great opportunities that were offered to me really helps later on in the education process of college