Red Hill Junior/Senior High School
- BRIDGEPORT, IL
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C+
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade B minus
- College Prepgrade C
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C minus
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade C minus
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C minus
Red Hill Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in BRIDGEPORT, IL. It has 390 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Red Hill Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade C minus81 Students
- grade C+43 Students
- grade B37 Students
- grade A+29 Students
- grade C+29 Students
- grade B minus26 Students
- grade A+19 Students
- grade B18 Students
- grade C+18 Students
- grade A minus18 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Red Hill Junior/Senior High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A
- Good for Familiesgrade C+
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 13 responses
- Spirit Week!31%
- Homecoming week23%
- Dinner Theatre8%
- Pi Day8%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 7 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade C minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,553 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 10 responses
Schools like Red Hill Junior/Senior High School
- grade C+Lawrenceville High School
- Lawrence County Community Unit School District No. 20, IL
- Rating 3.28 out of 5 87 reviews
- grade BRichland County High School
- East Richland Community Unit School District No. 1, IL
- Rating 3.38 out of 5 124 reviews
- grade C+Lincoln High School
- Vincennes Community School Corporation, IN
- Rating 3.47 out of 5 66 reviews
Red Hill Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.26 out of 5 53 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Red Hill Jr/Sr High School has done nothing but great things for me. They have provided me with amazing teachers who I feel comfortable discussing certain topics with, dual credit classes to help me get a head-start for college, and an amazing guidance counselor who assisted and helped me to be accepted to the university I plan to attend in the future. His name was Gregg Robbins and he recently passed away and he played an immense role in making Red Hill what it is today, one of the most professional high schools in the area. He will be dearly missed. This school has given me a sense of school pride and a love for it. I am definitely going to miss Red Hill and my fellow Salukis when I graduate. We are Red Hill!
I enjoy the small school experience. The teachers defining know who you are and care about you and your future. There is little to no college credit classes, and I wouldn’t say that classes challenge you enough to prepare you for college or push your limits. It’s a good school for being small and public.
I had to fight for several items that should have been offered. Several teachers had left due to a lack of control of the student's behavior for no reason. One of my teachers left due to a boy slashing her tires and taking out an ad saying she was a bad teacher because he did not do his work and when he was on academic probation he got mad she would not let him do extra credit. The school allowed this gross behavior and still allowed him on the basketball team and they told her to change her way of teaching.